Chapter 14

My morning begins on a pleasant note as I get a call from Marques while leaving. The route to work always seemed long and tiring but today I reach office in no time as Marques gives me company! I finally hang up, promising to meet him sometime this week and head to the 16th floor to join Chris.

We are back to finalising candidates for further interviews, but the bummer is that many talented foreign applicants aren't fluent in Korean. The heap of resumes lying around in our laptops don't seem to lessen one bit.

My phone begins to ring as I am trying to salvage some good candidates, and the caller turns out to be unknown...

As I answer it, I wait for a response from the other end when I hear, "Anu-shi?"

Damn, I know that voice! "Yes?"

"Jungkook-imnida. Are you—oh! Are you on leave today?" He suddenly sounds apologetic after introducing himself.

 Are you—oh! Are you on leave today?" He suddenly sounds apologetic after introducing himself

"No. I am in office." Where did he get my number from? And for what purpose? I am curious now.

"I wanted to speak to you. I came by your cabin but couldn't find you which is why I called."

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." Chris is eyeing me throughout the conversation and motions with his chin. I mouth 'Jungkook' to him as he gapes at me with wide eyes, so I shrug.

"Where are you?" Jungkook asks on the other end.

"Um—" What was the floor, again? Chris whispers 16th, "I am on the 16th floor."

"Okay, I'll come upstairs. We can talk in the practice room."

I leave with a not-so-happy Chris and wait for Jungkook near the elevator. He finally steps out looking good as always and greets me with a bow. As we both begin walking towards the practice room, he starts to explain why he was looking for me.

"So, we really liked the lyrics you had pitched but the line in Spanish isn't working out." The usual plain white practice room has staff arranging things with no sign of the other members.

I nod as he continues, "All of us tried replacing it but we couldn't match the vibe. So, maybe you could help us come up with a line in Korean? Even English is fine."

"Oh, okay! I don't remember what I had written though."

"I will send it to you on KakaoTalk." I suck in a deep breath with the thought that Jungkook shall message me today! Umm...fine.

"Okay sure!"

"We could discuss it on...Wednesday?" He looks at me sheepishly before continuing, "I also wanted to request you to attend another session on that day itself. More minds help come up with better things."

I hear loud conversation behind me as I agree to attending the session. I turn to find Namjoon, Jin and Jimin entering the practice room, disagreeing about something furiously. We all greet each other as Namjoon walks over to where I am standing.

He notices the T-Shirt I am wearing at once and looks up with an excited look, "You are an Anime fan? This t-shirt is amazing!"

Even Jungkook glances at the intricate design made on the T-shirt and nods approvingly.

"Thank you! My cousin got me to watch Anime and now, I can't stop. I really love how diverse the themes are." I reply while righting my t-shirt, self-consciously.

"There's an Anime screening happening in Seoul this weekend. I have never been to something like that." I share with them.

"Oh!" Jungkook says and then turns to look at Namjoon with a crestfallen look. "You are making me jealous now!" He says, quietly, almost inaudible to anyone's ear.

Right...he cannot go to public events like me! I and Namjoon exchange sad smiles as he goes ahead to thank me for the lyrics the other day.

"Now that we shall be including it in the song, I guess you should be ready with an alias, or maybe give your name itself." Alias? My name in their album? Really...!

We are discussing the possibilities of this when Jin advices Jungkook to go to the screening in disguise. Jimin ends up falling over while laughing, imagining Jungkook wearing a wig to hide his identity.

With a lighter mood, I leave to get back to workas I hear the guys say bye to me together. Who could have imagined that I wouldbe on a first name basis with BTS, my favourite artists! I don't think life canget any better...I sigh to myself in content.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys! Another sweet little update featuring JK. I am not sure if I'll be able to update the next chapter soon as I have some urgent work. But I shall make sure to not leave y'all hanging for long. Spoiler for the next part: Something is special is coming up! Stay tuned, vote and comment :) Love ya, Readers & ARMYs!