Chapter 32

I come to work the next day after thinking through the entire ordeal and talking to every person I know for advice. Jeff, who already knew I'd be saying yes, had the meeting room booked and that's how my upcoming weeks look like. We begin with the basics and work our way up to the music industry and how the business works in South Korea.

For my current job, I had to stay updated about BTS and have a general sense of the K-pop industry. But for an assistant manager, I literally need to know the ins and outs of the business like the back of my hand. Most days I come home late and have dinner while working on my ongoing projects. No way am I getting leeway just because I am training.

On my second week, I am informed that my first two assignments involve Enhypen, the new K-pop group formed by CJ E&M and Big Hit Entertainment. I have followed this boyband since I-Land but not in detail. So, that's what I do for the week and learn everything about the group.

Their manager helps me out for the most part and accompanies me to my first assignment, in case I mess up, I guess. It ends on a good note, though I won't know the results until after, I am satisfied by how things turned out.

The second assignment is scheduled in Japan, for Enhypen's possible debut with a Japanese album that is still very much under talks. I return feeling contented, again, but the fact that I still have no clue how things really went keeps me on edge.

I am tired by the time I get the third assignment which involves TXT. I haven't slept well for the past month and have only been eating, breathing and thinking K-pop. I meet the TXT members who volunteer to help me out a little, now that I have to learn about a new boy group all over again.

Similarly, Enhypen had also met me a couple of times, ready to assist with any details regarding the Belift Lab. So, this marks the beginning of my friendship with both boy groups who stop by to chit-chat whenever they see me around.

The third test takes place in Seoul itself and leaves me sleepless for whatever's left of the day.

And that's how I get here, sitting outside Jeff's office the next day, sleepless and desperate. I want this badly, now that I have put in more than my 100 per cent. The minutes passing by are nerve-wracking. I don't want it to end but I also want to know!

Finally, I get called inside and I see Jeff wearing his best poker face. I, too, sit down quietly and answer his questions about my experience of working on the three assignments.

At last, his face breaks out into a smile and he says, "Hello, Manager-nim."

"Were they all a success?" I ask instead of maybe gloating or acting smug.

"Yes. You were very patient during the training, and I have received really good feedback about you from the group managers as well. I cannot be more proud."

And just like that, we get into whats, hows and whens of starting my new role. I'm getting a new office!

Jeff tells me how I'll be tailing Sejin-shi and learning how things work before I am assigned some work. I leave his office feeling more nervous than happy now that I have a big responsibility on my shoulders. No way can I mess this up!

Sejin-shi meets up with me and explains some of the activities that we need to complete. As BTS' has comeback with a new album, we'll be scheduling performances for the promotion and there's a lot to be done. I am sorting Korean and foreign schedules of BTS until late and end up shifting to the new cabin at 1 AM.

A clean and organised office is a good sight early in the morning but a sulky Jungkook isn't. The entire team sits down for a discussion which is when I get introduced as the assistant manager to BTS. The members happily congratulate me while Jungkook just claps with his head down. I am seeing him for the first time after the showdown that happened a month ago.

But I have no time to spare for his mood because their comeback week is just crazy. I am jotting down the dates and the prep required while trying to note down everything said in the meeting on my iPad.

As it's the weekend, I take my ex-team for some drinks as a goodbye and good luck for future endeavours. Most of them are ecstatic about the promotion while others demand some assistance with getting BTS tour passes. 

And that gets me thinking, I haven't been to a BTS concert either! And I won't be able to because I'll be backstage, working! Oh...no...

I finally get some work assigned after a couple of days of more tailing and following other team members around. I begin preparing for their international activities as we'll be soon leaving for the world tour after the promotions are done in Korea. So, BTS won't just be on tour but will also be attending some interviews while in the US.

Tomorrow is their first comeback performance on Mnet and I am excited as hell! I hope it goes well...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guys! I hope this chapter was fruitful for y'all. I know the chapter ended on an eerie note, maybe that's a spoiler...? Please stay tuned for the upcoming chapters because Anu-shi shall be with BTS fulltime! Thank you for reading and sticking around!! Do vote and comment your thoughts. Love ya, readers & ARMYs!