Chapter 9

Panic and embarrassment make me want to take the stairway and get the hell out of there, but I stand my ground.

I pretend I didn't see him, instead and wait for the lift to arrive while I read my notes. I can see from the corner of my eye that he has stopped walking and is putting on the tank top he was holding with his back to me. And then he continues walking towards me.

I slowly look up and feign to suddenly spot him. We both bow and formally say 'hello' to each other when he notices my attire. I am wearing a kurti which is an Indian outfit over a pair of coloured leggings and some oxidised jhumkas¸ Indian traditional earrings to go with the look.

I notice his very exposed sleeve tattoo and the bulging biceps! Don't look, don't look, don't

I notice his very exposed sleeve tattoo and the bulging biceps! Don't look, don't look, don't..! I keep repeating it in my head.

"You look nice." Jungkook says in a formal way without making it sound inappropriate or unprofessional. Guess I can't return the favour without looking sleezy.

I say thank you and then go ahead to explain why I am on the floor. No way did I want to get down here but ended up there due to neglect! But he waves it off, sharing that the floor has an awesome coffee maker and just like that we are heading towards it to have a cup.

I am obviously not a coffee fan but that is what I usually prefer in South Korea as the tea here is different than the Indian one. After Jungkook fills a cup for me with his favourite coffee from the vending machine, I take a sip as he waits for my response. I mean, I was ready to fake it for him, but it turned out better than the one near my office cabin.

"You should definitely come down to this floor for some coffee!" He says. I mutter a thank you and we both part as I rush to my office.

The day keeps getting better as I receive compliments for my outfit with Aa Ra Unnie insisting that I help purchase one for her. I also end up running into TXT while coming back from lunch which just makes this the second-best day in SK! The first being, you know, meeting BTS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you had fun knowing what happens after the cliffhanger :) After asking everyones opinion about y/n vs Anu, I decided to keep Anu as none of y'all voted for y/n. So, thanks guys and a small spoiler for y'all: the next chapter is going to be a one-on-one with y'all know who!! Do vote and comment your suggestions :) Love ya, readers & ARMYs!