Chapter 19

As the final credits start rolling, Jungkook and I wait for most of the crowd to move out before getting up. I am talking to him about the movie and the final scenes when I notice many women checking him out. Even with the high-waist black jeans, short black hoodie and having most of his features under wraps, I cannot deny that he still looks very...intriguing.

But obviously, JK is oblivious to the attention and is nodding along to my blabber

"Did you want to eat something?" I hear him ask in a low voice.

Before entering the movie theatre, he had pointed out the popcorns and other eatables to me. But he wasn't going to eat due to the mask which is why I didn't like getting anything either except for coke.

So, asking me this was very sweet of him. "No, it's okay."

I notice a familiar black car parked by the sidewalk when he turns to me, "I am really sorry that I am leaving like this. Would you like a drop home at least?"

Shocked by the offer, I just shake my head at him frantically. Why is he sorry? It was very clear that we came here for the movie. I wasn't expecting a date or anything!

"N-no, I think I'll hang around for a bit." I share awkwardly. Yup, I guess I shall finally call up my boyfriend to come, hang out with me!

"I really had a lot of fun. Thank you for letting me come." We, then say bye to each other as he continues to look at me worriedly before leaving.

So, I go on a guilt trip and shop around for some vegetables. At least, it was better than going alone to a movie and keeping all the thoughts to myself. 

Though I did have a mini freak out before leaving home, worried about what would happen, it all went smoothly. Now, I can really declare that coming to South Korea was the best thing that happened to me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After spending an entire evening with JK, I don't see him at all the next week. I am assigned numerous other projects to oversee and have been asked to review plans of other idol groups.

And honestly, there is no reason for us to come across each other, much, as I have no direct work with them. So, I suffer quietly while working my butt off. I guess, seeing them so often has turned into a habit that I just can't get off this high.

Another thing I was dreadfully looking forward to this week was being called to Bang Shi Hyuk-nim's office. For some reason, I felt like someone might have found out. I mean, when we have paparazzi and Dispatch of all, how can you get off their radar? But no one comes!

With another weekend just around the corner, Marques asks me out to a trip to Busan. And that is exactly what I need after a crazy week of work. So, we sit down and plan the entire drive, how long it will take, lodging, and other fancy things.

We both agree on leaving for Busan, on Friday night and coming back late on Sunday. To avoid going back to my apartment after the 6+ hour drive back home, I end up carrying an extra pair of clothes and leave my work bag at Marques' place.

Guess it'll be fun to explore more of South Korea! And then it hits me, Busan is JK and Jimin's hometown. I should have realised that the moment Marques said Busan instead of a day before leaving for that exact place. Good, I am coming down from the JK high. Now, I can sleep a bit more peacefully than I did this entire week.