Chapter 20

I wake up to a dark room with an urgent need to pee. Sullenly, I make my way to the washroom, eyes still very much shut close to contain my sleep. But the blinding white light inside Marques' washroom just does the job, and I am wide awake. Why does this have to happen during the night!

As I come back to the bedroom, my phone's screen in glowing in the dark beside Marques, who is lightly snoring. I pick up my cell, and the time reads 12 AM. 

Wow! I still have a lot of time to sleep. But then I notice an odd notification from an app I don't usually use. iPhone's face recognition unlocks the phone, and there are two messages visible from a Mi Amor (My love).

Mi Amor: Hey! I just wanted to thank you for the other day at the movies. I'd planned to do this in person, but we were out the entire week for shooting. To be honest, it had been a long time since I'd been out like that due to our busy schedule. I wasn't expecting to feel so normal at a crowded theatre. Which is why I wanted to say my heartiest thanks for letting me come.

Mi Amor: Let me treat you next time as you didn't allow me to spend a dime 😊 Bye. Take care

Jungkook had sent this at 9 PM! Why hadn't I seen it then?! Because you haven't taken out your phone since clicking that one picture of the scenery, my mind whispers. 

I swipe away the messages and go back to bed. Replying at this hour doesn't sit right with me. If you knew what to reply, that is...Shut up, conscience!

Now, don't come at me for the name. It was a last-minute fix when he had phoned me out of the blue in the office. Not being able to come up with a discreet English nickname, Mi Amor was the first thing that popped in my mind because, well, you could say he is my BTS bias?  Childish me!

I sigh happily, as I think about my weekend. The entire trip to Busan was amazing, right from the food to the scenery and the weather. We had decided to leave earlier than planned on Sunday as the ride back was long. So, we literally inhaled our dinner and crashed at Marques' without another thought.

I roll over to other side of the bed into Marques' arms as sleep seems light-years away. He snuggles me closer and rubs my head to put me back to sleep.

I hear a low murmur, "Sleep, babe..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I step into the office, something feels oddly different. I get on the lift, and there is more chatter than usual. Everyone just seems excited or happy. 

Did every person go out this weekend? I mean, I feel like I could work for two weeks straight due to the vacation and a beautiful morning with Marques.

But during lunch, I find out that I was completely off the mark about the happy mood in the office. Aa Ra Unnie stops stabbing at her phone and looks at me like I am a three-year-old.

"Didn't you get an invite?" I can feel my face heating up and becoming warmer by the minute. Invite? What-whic—! Am I not invited?

"Everyone got their invitations delivered on Saturday!" Aa Ra Unnie explains to further clear out the situation.

I slowly breath out a sigh of relief, "I haven't been home since Friday night."

"So, how's Marky boy?" Chris finally speaks after finishing a mouthful of Tteokbokki.

I ignore him and continue to look at Aa Ra Unnie for more explanation about this invite.

Chris makes a face and volunteers instead, "So, Big Hit cracked this huge deal with some Korean company and that's why we are having a party! A little sing and dance and alcohol..." He imitates dancing with an invisible partner.

"Don't take him seriously. It's just a party with some press and everyone from the company talking and drinking. That's it." Aa Ra Unnie shares after finally putting down her phone. "We have to dress up."

Oh, no no no! I don't have anything to wear. Somehow, she reads the dread on my face and breaks out into a big smile.

"Let's go shopping together!" She exclaims gleefully.

I, again, sigh in relief as we begin discussing the hows and wheres of shopping. But what about Chris?

"Don't worry about me! I got ma Tuxedo." He says with an accent.

Damn! Why are things so easy for guys?! I hate shopping, especially big department stores, with endless racks of dresses that shall take a lifetime of patience. But for some reason I don't want to put up with a dress...What should I do?

"When is this?" I ask, going back to eating my lunch now that things are clear.

"Next Friday." Aa Ra Unnie says after giving it some thought. "We also have to celebrate your one-year anniversary. It's coming up soon."

One year?! Has it been that long? 

"You remembered?" I ask her, 'cause even I haven't paid much attention to it.

"I remember such stuff. And I was introduced to you on your first day, so..." She ends up shrugging.

Suddenly, I am swallowed by this new info. How did time pass so quickly! So, I survived an entire year in South Korea, alone...Wow!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you like this update as we are coming closer to the Jungkook POV I had promised! A news that I want to share with y'all: Mi Amor won first place at 'The Budding Stars Awards' in Fanfiction Category :) Finally!!!! Also, I hope y'all liked the story behind the book title in this chapter. I know it's nothing mysterious but I really thought the title should mean something and that's how I came up with this. I even thought of changing the title to something better but...I don't know! What do y'all think? Love ya, readers & ARMYs!

Mi Amor | Jungkook Fanfiction | JJKFF (On Hold)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara