Hungry Eyes

Alaia's POV

I wake up feeling heavy, and i try to sit up, but my head feels like it tripled in size over night, and my fragile neck is too small to carry it. My eyes feel like there is sand in them when i blink.

"You're up"

I am pretty sure it's day time, but the room is dark, so I strain my eyes to see where the voice is coming from.

"That bad huh?" the tone is condescending.

"Nick?"

"Mmhhm" i see him get up from our bedroom sofa and come to sit on the edge of the bed next to me.

"Hi" i whisper.

I remember meeting him at his apartment, coming home, the alcohol, the fountain, throwing up, and not much after that.

He is quiet as if allowing my brain to remember what it can.

"Just incase, we did kind of make up, so we are not fighting anymore" he supplies noticing my confusion.

"I don't remember that, did i forgave you?" i ask.

He frowns.

"We forgave each other" he says with a hint of a smile.

He smells good, no cologne or anything, just clean and soapy, and he is dressed very casual too, long sleeved tshirt, folded over his arms, and sweat pants.

I like him like this.

"What? what do you have to forgive me for? You are the one who needs to be sorry." i utter.

He laughs.

Getting up, he walks back to the sofa, switching the lights on and drawing the curtains back from the French windows, using a remote.

"Come, you need to eat" he says.

I like the sound of that, but my stomach feels noted and gussy, i don't know if i can. But i will try to eat anyway, and avoid a lecture.

Getting up, i pull the covers around myself, and take a detour to the bathroom first, i need to freshen up abit. Afterwards, i walk out to him.

At first, every step makes my head feel like it will explode at any minute but the feeling starts to go away slowly.

Nick watches my slow and painful walk of shame and reaches out his hand when i near him and pulls me on his lap.

"Don't ever drink alcohol when you are not with me ok" he commands.

"Isn't it too early to be barking orders already?"

"I'm serious Ally" He says pointedly.

"Do you think i ever want to feel like this again? i'm never going to drink again. It doesn't even taste good, and it burned my throat, i don't know why you do it so much anyway" i complain.

He laughs again, rubbing my back.

"It's an acquired taste, you just started off with the wrong stuff. I can ease you into it properly"

"Well, don't worry, it will never happened again" i reply.

He smiles but doesn't say anything.

Then i notice that the table is filled with all kinds of food.

Isn't this way too much food?

Eying it all, It all looks so good but the smell is making me feel nauseous, then i grab a glass of water, and take it down fast, after which I pull the sheets slightly over my nose.