Safe Haven

Alaia's POV

I sat on the floor of the wine cellar with Nick between my legs with his back to me, as we talked. I told him about the conversations on charity work that i had with a few of the guests at the party that have me excited and pumped on how i want to spend my free time going forward.

"I think i will even take Angelo up on his offer to introduce me to some of the organizations he works with" I say excitedly.

"Oh Yeah, i could introduce you to some of mine too if you want" he offers.

"You do Charity work too? like actually be involved and not just send checks at the end of the month? " i ask and that makes him laugh.

"Well, not as much as i used to, i have two that am still passionate about though, but i dont have as much time to be involved anymore. Lu and my PA take care of things for me."

"Which reminds me, when is she coming back? I miss her alot" Lu has been on a short break from work.

"She's back, i had her take care a few details for our trip, but you will only have her back after our trip"

"Ok, then maybe, i can help her take care of your charities if thats ok, its nothing too hard is it?"

"No" he laughs again "We can go together for a few meetings and if you like it, you'll take it from there"

"Alright, thats sounds good."

With my fingers running through his hair, i go on another talking spree for a few more minutes until i realised he has fallen asleep.

His breathing is heavy and he has started to snore abit now due to the awkward way his head and neck are positioned.

He looks so tired it makes my heart ache. He is always so busy taking care of things and everyone, he barely has time for himself. I don't want to wake him but i need him to be comfortable if this nap will be worth it.

If only i can push myself off the wall a little bit taking him with me, it will help his neck stretch and that will make all the difference, but he is so damn heavy.

I try to push myself off the wall anyway, the action startles him, and he sits up abruptly.

"Mmhhm? he asked, confused"

"Sorry, i just wanted to make you a little more comfortable" taking the opportunity to move now, i push off the wall abit and find a satisfactory position.

"You can lie back down now, i say, pulling his shoulders back.

"Just stretch yourself out more, ok" i suggest. He sighs and complies, this time with his neck more comfortable. His eyes close immediately his head touches my lap and i return my fingers to his hair.

The floor is hard but it's ok. Atleast now i know how i can help him relax, with my fingers through his hair, it's a little thing that we can share now, i smile to myself.

*

I don't know how long we have stayed in this postion but i continued to soothe him with my hands long after my butt lost all feeling and sensitivity, even my fingers feel cramped.

Finally, Nick opens his eyes and looks up at me, turns he head and kisses my belly, then finally sits up and leans against the wall next to me.

"What time is it? " i ask.

"2:20 am" he replies, stretching his arms out.

"The party must be over by now right?"

"Yep, and dad will literally murder us. Come, there is something i wanted to show you" he says, standing up and stretching again.