Chapter 18 - Stockholm syndrome

Alaia's POV

Nicholas rubs my lips with his thumb, and before i can react, i feel his lips brush against mine.

That is the last thing i expected to experience today.

When he found me earlier, i was in such a bad state, so much that he was the last person i wanted to find me.

But then, unlike yesterday, he was really gentle and caring with me when i needed it the most, and i must admit i feel a lot better now. Being in his arms makes me feel safe somehow, and for a moment, everything that is wrong about our relationship and situation just disappears in this moment.

His lips are warm and soft, moving slowly against mine, which by the way must be swollen already from all the crying i did earlier. 

I don't know what to do, i hate this guy. I should stop him now, and probably slap him for this.

But his hand runs through, and grips my hair, tilting my head back to deepen the kiss. His tongue licks my lower lip, before gently biting it. I gasp and he uses the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. This time, i actually respond.

Our tongues swerve against each other, and his grip on my hair tightens. The kiss that started out slow and gentle has turned hungry and intense and I feel blood rush throughout my body.

I put one hand around his neck, hanging on to him, then run the other through his hair too, and he groans deeply. He pulls back long enough to allow me to take a breath, but still pulls at my bottom lip gently between his teeth and then starts kissing me again.

Then his cell phone rings suddenly, and it feels like a bucket of water just got poured me, bringing me back to reality.

" Fuck.. " he swears.

He tries to ignore it but it just rings keep ringing. He feels around his pockets untill he grabs it.

"What?" He barks into the phone.

As he talks on the phone, i try to recollect my thoughts. 

What am i doing? 

Oh my gosh, what am i doing?

I don't know where all that passion came from, I don't even like Nickolas. I hate him.

Maybe it's because i haven't been kissed like that in such a long time. 

Oh God, i feel so embarrassed and ashamed of myself for reacting like that to him. 

What am i doing?  

i don't know what i am doing.

Maybe i am developing some kind of Stockholm syndrome. That's possible right, or is it too soon?

And him, i have so many questions for him, clearly there is someone else in his life, so why did he find it so easy to marry me, a stranger, just to secure a project, and yet risk his relationship with his significant other?

Wait, if there is truly someone else, then what does that make me?

I try to get up from his lap again, feeling angry with myself. 

Being so close to him is doing things to me, to my body that's making me not to think and act straight, and i need to think straight, but he stops me again and then proceeds to rub his nose behind my ear while he listens to whoever is on the other end of the line acting as if this is a normal relationship, and this is the most natural thing to do.

I can't help but wiggle a little, wanting to get up, but that's when i feel it. Something hard pressing up against my ass, and i finally hold still. 

Oohhh damn....is that what i think it is??