The Half That Makes Me Whole

Alaia's POV

After a long bath, i manage to dress into dark colored leggings and a similar color shirt that goes over my behind. 

Marco shows up soon after,  just like he said he would.

"Are you sure Nick won't mind, i don't want to cause any problems" i say to him after he suggests taking me out for a walk.

"Now why would you cause any problems between us?" he asks casually.

"You tell me, weren't you fighting blood and sweat because of Rhea the other night" i scoff.

"Rhea? You think Nick and i were fighting because of Rhea..?" he asks looking surprised.

"I heard what she said. Nick was defending her" i mutter.

"Yeah well, that's what she thought. But it's wasn't because of her, trust me."

"Whatever, So, twenty six years old huh? " i tease, trying to change the subject as we walked through the estate grounds.

I am trying to tie his age to his looks.

"Just the right age for someone for you" He says with a smirk. 

I shake my head. Wrong subject.

"This place is really beautiful" I digress.

"Yeah, it is right? and to think we almost lost it all."

"Lost it all?"

"Yeah, and if it wasn't for Nick, we would have" he says.

"What do you mean" i ask, curiously.

"Well........a couple of years ago, we got into some major financial problems, bad investment choices, old debts that were concealed until it was too late, even gambling actually and etc. We pretty much lost it all. But Nick, worked his ass of to get everything back and all without the media getting wind of how broke we were.

We had nothing expect for the family name to go by, and he used that to make some profitable business investments, slowly, he got our property back and we all kind of worked our way back to where we are now.

But it took alot out of him. There was alot of property to recover, and he was busy alot, i think it's one of the reasons he and Nicole initially broke up. He had to leave the country for work the time Nicky and Aaron got together, when he came back after carrying all the pressure on his shoulders, he discovered the woman he loved had fallen in love with his brother.

"Ohh" 

"Yep. He is alot to deal with i know,  but he is not really a bad guy. It's not the same as what you went through, but maybe you can understand him a little bit as well." Marco says softly.

"Sounds like you respect him alot" i say as we stop by the garden. 

By now we must have been walking for quite some time.

"I do, we all do. Besides, i have gotten in trouble more times than i can count, and Nick has gotten me out of it every time..I mean, i could afford to just hang back and let him do all the work, he doesn't have that luxury. I can't think of any one person i respect more than him" he says.

"It didn't seem that way when you where fighting that night" i murmur.

He laughs 

"Brothers fight, but our bond is unbreakable, always."