Chapter 28 - Just A Fool

Nickolas' POV

I go back to my bedroom. Our bedroom. 

What's happening between us isn't what i planned, and i don't know what to do here. I made a resolve to keep a distance, for both our sakes. But as soon as i saw her earlier tonight, that resolve went to shit.

I lie down on the bed and stare at the ceiling for a minute before i turn to look at her side of the bed. Marco's words echo in my head, and the image of her crying comes to mind. I made her fucking cry.  Before we were married, i didn't anticipate caring about her feelings and i didn't expect her tm care about mine either. It was just a contract with a deadline, but i find myself bothered every time i see sadness on her face, and i know i can no longer do anything that can hurt her.

Twenty minutes later am walking back into the library, but  i find that she's not there.

I am about to start searching for her, when i receive a text message from Lola, saying Ally is in her room and will spend the rest of the night there with her.

*

"Hold on" Lola shouts when i knock on her bedroom door.

"What? "She says upon opening the door.

I scoff and try to side step her and go into the room but she quickly stands in my way and pushes me backwards into the hall.

"Can't you just leave her alone for a minute. I only told you so you wouldn't turn the house upside down looking for her, not to invite you to come here" she snorts.

"I just want to talk to her" i say in pleading voice. 

Lola sighs.

"If she wanted to talk, she would have stayed in your room. Please just leave us alone.... Just for tonight." she says.

"Is she sleeping?

"No"

"Ally... i am, sorry" i say from my position by the door.

"For overreacting last week with your ex. For not telling you that i was leaving, and for not talking to you the whole time i was gone. I am sorry for fighting with you earlier. Can you please come to bed now so we can talk?" i ask.

"Ppsshhh...Men are so stupid. You are sorry about the little things and not about what really matters the most.. Goodnight" Lola snaps closing the door in my face.

'What matters the most?'? What is she talking about?

It's going to be a long night.

*

I am not sure what time i fell asleep last night, but i wake up with a headache. 

It's 6am, so i decide to go to the gym, i also decide i am not going to the office today. I walk to Lola's bedroom and just stand by the door for a minute, not sure whether to knock, or leave them alone. I choose the later and go on my way.

Dad and Marco walk into the gym twenty minutes later. I try to ignore them both, and turn up the music in ear phones, until Dad taps on my shoulder to get my attention, and i notice them standing behind me.

"Yeah?" i ask, looking at Dad.

"What?" Marco snaps at dad when he nudges his shoulder to encourage him to talk first, which he clearly doesn't want to do.

"Look, i know you and Ally don't have a normal kind of relationship per se, but i have really gotten to know her, and she's really had a hard time in life Nick, its not her fault that her family are going through what they are going through. I know she looks strong and all, but she feels very insecure especially that she can't even see, and i just think it's fucked up that you are throwing Rhea in her face on top of everything else she has to deal with. I think out of respect for her and the whole situation, you need to......." he says.