Chapter 5 - Chances

A/N. Picture of study in the story and the song attached inspired this chapter.

Nicholas's POV

"So, how did it go" i ask Aaron, as he walks into the study with Marco following close behind him.

He sits down next to my father on the couch, while Marco goes to sit on the chair by the desk and places his feet on the mahogany desk top.

"Get your feet off the desk" i warn him.

"Well, he said no to the proposal, that he would rather go to jail actually" Aaron informs us.

"Huh" i scoff.

I doubt that very much.

"I bet he was just bluffing, playing a little hard to get. Give him some time to think about it, he will come around" Marco says, putting his hands behind his head.

"We don't have time. Did you make him understand what the consequences of refusing the offer would be? I probe further.

"Aaron was being way too diplomatic, you know him, that's why the old man had the guts to refuse and talk to us the way he did" Marco replies instead.

"Get your fucking feet off the desk, i wont tell you again." I bark at him and he drops them immediately, with an eye roll.

"Besides,his daughter basically kicked us out before we could finish discussing the matter. She is not interested either."Aaron adds, somewhat amused.

"She kicked you out, how??" I ask, quite surprised to hear that piece of news.

From her visit earlier, I gathered she was desperate to save her father.

But then again from her attitude, i am i not surprised. So much sass behind that innocent face.

"Ohh yeah, and apparently i need to learn about manners and respect. So what is it about you demanding respect??" Marco asks with a smirk on his face.

I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"What did she say?"

"Well let's see....." Aaron says thoughtfully, using his index finger and thumb to hold his chin.

" ' Since Nicholas is so high on respect, perhaps he should teach you some, instead of preaching and demanding it from strangers" Marco offers quickly, clearly amused.

Dad laughes "she said that?"

"She called me 'Nicholas'? " I ask quite surprised. She has some nerve.

"Yeppp" Marco smiles.

Mmhhmm... Okay.

"I like her" Dad decides again for the second time today.

He found her 'honesty and frankness' quite refreshing he had said.

Also, not many people stand up to me, he thinks she's exactly what i need to and i quote ' I like how she talks to you...you need that...you need something to shake up your life a little bit, and turn you in the right direction.'

"You forgot to mention she is really beautiful though" Aaron says as if he has been contemplating that fact alone this whole time.

"And great arse.." Marco adds.

"You had time to check out her arse.." Aaron asks.

"How could i not, especially when she went to open the door. She's way too fine for a blind girl" he utters.