Chapter 27 - Resentment

Nicholas' POV

It's now been Eleven days since i have been home, Eleven days since i last saw Ally.  I am told she went back to work at the dry cleaning shop knowing very well i won't approve of such a move. She really does like to test me. She was so stubborn that Marco and Dad couldn't handle her without being too aggressive, and neither one of them want to upset her. It hasn't been that long, but she already has most of my family eating from the palm of her hands.

"What's with the smile, what are you thinking about" Rhea asks trying to sit on my lap after the 'No seat belt off' sign goes off on the jet.

"Alaia.... " i respond truthfully.

"Nick? You want to piss me off again?" She asks standing up straight. 

"You asked" i utter.

She pouts and sits back down on my lap.

"Should i be worried?" she frowns.

"I am thinking about her possible operation. That's if she decides to have one.. It will change alot for her"  i say. 

"If i didn't know any better i would say you have been smitten by her. The little girl, she is barely an adult Nick....But anyway, you haven't slept her yet have you??" She asks getting hyped.

"I thought you didn't want to know"

"I do now"

"No" i answer honestly again.

"OMG, really??.... honestly, that explains alot, I get it now... it's just lust you are feeling, Ppsshhh, i should have pressured you to answer me earlier and spared myself the stress." She says standing up and sitting down next to me instead.

"The cake always looks good until you eat it. Then you won't want it anymore. Because once you do, the enigma or fascination will die, trust me. Plus i doubt she would know how to please you properly. The blind girl has probably never had sex before and wouldn't know what to do with you. Knowing you and your preferences, you will be bored quickly, and come running back to a real woman" she says confidently.

I find some of her words offensive, but i choose not to respond. Instead, i closed my eyes and try to clear my mind of all thoughts and hopefully relax for the remainder of this flight.

*

Later, i arrived home around 7pm, when everyone was having dinner. I walk into the dinning room and scan the table and find what i am looking for, sitting next to Marco, the she is supposed to occupy, also the seat Rhea had previously occupied next to mine empty.

Hair up in a messy bun in her signature style. She has on a nude colored sleeveless turtle neck dress, that makes her look even more beautiful than the last time i saw her.

"Nick you're finally back" Lola shouts with excitement, standing up to come and hug me.

"Hello honey, welcome home. Well, you sure took your time. As if you and Rhea were on honeymoon or something? i thought you two would never come back" Mum murmurs, obviously trying to create even more tension between Ally and I.

"Yolanda/ Mum" Dad and Lola say at the same time.

I glance at Ally and see that she has her head lowered. I excuse myself and head upstairs to freshen up and if its not too late, join them for dinner.

*

Alaia's POV

My heart literally stops when i hear Nick is here. My face went cold and i tensed up.