Chapter 14 - Situation-ship

Nicholas' POV

Marco called me to let me know Alaia's dad had woken up and seemed to be recovering normally. I had asked him to bring her home as soon as she's had a chance to be with him. I also asked him to verify his heart attack, and it turns out, it was real. i genuinely doubted it, and for what it's worth, i am glad he is ok..I don't care much for him, but i don't wish him death either.

I had planned to take Alaia to the grand parents house at the Ranch, for a few days before coming to settle down here with everyone else. But thanks to her father's heart attack, all my meetings got moved around this afternoon, and more seriously, i missed an important meeting which i have to stick around for, so i can have it on Wednesday.

I am informed that Marco and Alaia just drove into the estate, so i go down to the entrance of the house, where i find my father is also waiting for them aswell to arrive. It's just about time for dinner, so i expect everyone else to be heading down to the dinning room.

"Goodevening" I say to dad, folding my shirt over my arms, as the car pulls up. 

I walk over to open the door for Alaia. 

Marco comes out on the other side, but despite the fact that i am holding the door open for her and offered to help her out, she's just sitting there quietly, as if dreading the moment her feet touch the ground.

I turn back and see my father and Marco standing behind me, watching the scene.

Sighing, i fold my arms over my chest and stand there watching her, waiting. 

Marco and Dad are surprised too, so they just continue to stand there watching us. Martial the driver too is watching. 

After a minute or two i lose my patience.

"Do you plan on coming out, or are you going to sit there all night? " I ask her.

She sighs.

"Alaia?"

"Do you not have an off day, or time off or something, or are you an asshole full time, round the clock??" she hits back.

I can hear Dad and Marco laugh. Martial too couldn't hold back a chuckle.

"It's been a long day, we all need some rest, you especially, come out" i tell her.

She stretches out her hand and i take it. 

I pull her close to me so that my other arm is around her waist inside my coat that i am pleased to find that she is still wearing. It's so big on her she is basically drowning in it, but her scent has mixed with mine and i find that i like that.

"Hello Alaia, it's Allesio,  it's good to finally have you here. Please feel at home. We will try to make you as comfortable as possible" Dad says to her.

She nods and smiles briefly without saying anything in return, obviously still quite upset about earlier. I help her get in the house taking slow calculated and deliberate steps which eventually annoys her.

"Listen, just tell me when there are steps ahead of me, and when they end. And try not to knock me into any walls or furniture etc, otherwise, stop with the funny walk, it's annoying me" she snaps. 

I smile and turn to dad and Marco who are holding in their own laughter.

"Life around here is about to get very interesting " Marco muses.

"And who do we have here" Mum asks, walking down the stairs.

Here we go.

"Where is everyone " i ask instead.