Epilogue

Alaia's POV

"Are you done?"

"One minute"

"You've been in there for a along time. Can you just come out already" Nick utters impatiently.

"Am just putting my clothes back on" I respond but his patience runs out completely and he tries to open the door.

"Why is the fucking door locked? Ally?" he literally growls and i finally walk out.

"Why did you lock the door??" he stares with a scowl on his face.

"I don't know, i just felt like i needed some privacy?"

"From me?"

"I don't know, i didn't think about it much" he is smoothering me, which is why i probably locked the door in the first place.

"Well" he asks, his voice lower and calm,while putting his hands in his pockets. I can see he is really anxious.

I hold out the home pregnancy test stick and we both stare at it.

He sighs, then pulls me towards the bed and sits down with me on his lap.

"Ok, thats a good thing right?" he asks searching my face.

"Yeah, i guess" i respond.

Its been four months since my miscarriage and almost three months since i had my LASIK surgery. Nick and i haven't really been trying for a baby, but i have been feeling abit off lately and i decided to check it out, just incase.

I didn't want to unnecesarily alarm him by telling him what i was up to, but somehow, he caught me with the pregnancy kit early this morning and has been hounding me to do the test since.

"Are you dissapointed?" i ask him.

"No, its not like we were trying or anything. Besides, there's been alot going on these past few months." he murmurs, rubbing my thighs.

"Yeah" i agree thoughtfully.

"Anyway, i'll call Christian to make us an appointment with a gynaecologist and get some proper birth control going." he continues.

"What if we just.....we just do away with the birth control altogether, you know, and see how it goes"

"Ally, what are you saying, remember you got pregnant so quickly last time"

"Exactly! i want to be, i mean, i want to be pregnant......to be honest, i was really hoping this would be a positive" i say holding up the test stick sadly.

"Why?" His asks, his voice hoarse and low, he eyes searching mine.

"Because am ready Nick, because i want to have a family with you, because not a day passes that i don't think about our baby and wish that it was here instead...because i want to be a mother, because i have so much love to give" i confess and Nick breaks into a smile.

"Well, i don't know if am comfortable with sharing that love, but am open to negotiation and compromise." He says, his smile widening, then proceeds to place kisses all over my face.

"Are you sure baby, because i don't mind waiting a little while" he offers after a minute, but i know deep down he wants this so much, and nothing would make me happier than sharing that joy with him.

"Well, maybe i should give it some more thought, yeah?" i reply, pulling his leg and he nods slowly.

"Am just kidding......yes yes am sure, i want to have your baby"

"Ally, don't play with me like that" he frowns, running a hand through his hair.

"Am sure, i promise" i say, putting my arms around his neck and kissing his cheeks.