Changes

Nickolas' POV

"Dad, can you give us a minute" i ask.

"Sure, are you two still going on your holiday?"

"Yes!" we answer together, making him smile.

"Alright, just making sure. I'll be inside" he responds and pats me on the back as he walks inside leaving us alone.

Alaia and i share a short silence for a minute. Then she turns around to face me and takes a deep breathe.

"Am sorry that you have to go through this" she says after exhaling.

"I should be the one apologizing to you for putting you through all this"

"Anything to be with you Nickolas Bishop" she smiles slightly.

"Listen, i think you and i don't have to stay at el paraiso anymore. We should move into our own house. Have our own space." i inform her of my recent decision after giving it some thought.

"Nick, i dont want to seperate you from your family. You guys have always lived together."

"Things are different now. I have a family of my own, i need to prioritize the safety and comfort of my family first. I don't want you living your life in your own home looking over your shoulder, and i don't want to have to worry about you everytime am not around." i say seriously, as my frustration at the situation rises.

Ally stays quiet for a while and doesn't respond immediately, as if to allow me to calm down.

"Look, i get, i do. Honestly, i don't believe your mum or grandfather would hurt me physically. And what about Lola? she depends on you alot,"

"Lola is going to be in college in a year, Plus she's almost an adult now, she will be fine"

"And Allesio? See how happy he is to finally have a grandchild around"

I run my fingers through my hair. There is no winning either way but a choice has to be made.

"I have to make a choice Ally, it's not an easy decision but i have to think of you and the baby first now."

"Thank you for that. I just, i just don't think i am in any danger at home. I mean what can really happened at the house" she asks rhetorically.

"You've forgotten already what happened with my mother the first day i left you alone, and you were blind and defenseless at the time"

"Am not defenseless now" she says quickly, seemingly offended by my statement.

"No, but you are pregnant with my child, you are vulnerable in that state"

"Exactly, do you really think she or anyone else would do something to hurt me when am carring your child?"

"I don't know, but i sure as well don't want to fucking find out."

That keeps her quiet again. She can see am losing my temper again. I never lose my cool but this situation is hard enough as it is and i don't need her fighting me on this.

"Weren't you the one telling her you didn't want her anywhere near our baby the other night? Well isn't this what you want?"

She doesn't reply immediately again.

"I did, and i also saw how much that hurt you when i said it, even if you don't want to admit it, even to yourself. And i meant it, but i didn't mean leaving the house. Thats your home, you went through alot to earn it all back, i know how much it means to you, and yes, we have alot of problems, i just don't know if leaving will help the situation, or make it worse."