Something happened to my heart

Nickolas' POV

I place Ally on the bed and immediately she moves towards the headboard, away from me.

"I can't do this anymore, i just can't" she murmurs.

It breaks my heart to see her this way, not being able to comfort her. This is not what i intended to do. I really messed up.

I move around the bed to get closer to her, so i can hold her, but she bursts out into tears when i try to touch her, slapping my hand away.

I fucked up.

"Please just leave me alone. I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore. I would rather die than have you touch me again. I hate you Nickolas Bishop. I curse the day you came into my life. I should never have agreed to this, i was so sssstupid" She mumbles.

"I didn't do anything you haven't done already" i argue lowly.

This was all i could find to say as i sit down on the other side of the bed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she utters.

"Weren't you the one taking romantic walks with your ex this afternoon?" i retort.

"I didn't...... "

"Don't try to deny it. I already know" i cut her off before she can start to deny what i can prove with pictures.

"I already told you Jude is...is..a friend. He was worried and came to check on me" She stutters.

"How nice of him... Is that why you were hugging and holding hands so carelessly in an open street, as if you aren't a married woman. And with the press interested in you right now?" i grumble.

"It's like every time we get somewhere, for some reason, you go straight back into his arms, and yet you want to make me out to be the bad guy....I meant what i said this morning about wanting to make us work, that's until you decided to go back to him" i add.

"I Didn't go back to anyone. He was just being there for me, unlike you" she utters.

" I could have been there for you.. i gave you a chance to explain...but like always, you refused to talk, But you had no problem talking to him, as you walked down the streets, holding hands with him, God knows what else you did with him behind closed doors....so don't make me out to be the bad guy here, besides, nothing happened with Rhea, she was just....she was just there in the moment" i say in defense, after which, the room is enveloped in silence.

"I guess there is nothing left to say. You have already decided not to trust me. No matter what i tell you, you will always believe what you want" she finally says.

"Actions speaks louder than words Ally, and your actions don't align with your words. Besides, whatever you think i am doing, atleast i am doing it behind closed doors. If you want to go back to your boyfriend, then atleast wait until after our contract is done, in the mean time atleast be discreet. I have a reputation to uphold, and I will not be made a fool out of in public" i mutter lowly.

"Is that what you are doing? being discreet by bringing that woman into this house, into your bedroom? How do you think that makes me feel, or look in front of everyone here?" she asks, her chin resting on her raised knees.

I run my fingers through my hair.

I know i didn't act well either, and now i am feeling tired from all this fighting, so I don't answer her back, and the room is soon filled with silence again, except for Ally's occasional sniffles.