Chapter 19 - Lovebirds

Nicholas' POV

Alaia and I are on the way down from my office floor, after i finished attending to some urgent matters at the office. I am looking at her through the mirror of the walls in the elevator front of us. I want so badly to kiss her again, but we have two guys from my security team with us and i don't think she will like that very much.

I didn't intend or even plan to kiss her today, hell after how badly yesterday turned out, i didn't think she let me do that now or anytime in the near future, and even though i know i took her by surprise when i did it, i am both surprised and delighted that she kissed me back.

I run my finger through my hair in frustration, i don't know what is happening to me. It seems ever since she walked into my life, an avalanche of emotions i don't understand just collapsed on me, and everyday now i keep doing dumb shit, like take advantage of a girl in a vulnerable situation.

I recall the state i found her in earlier today on the floor in the closet.....i can't even think about that without wanting to smash something...Lizzy should have never left her alone.

And those marks on her face, definitely a slap mark. I don't understand why she would want to protect the identity of the person who had the guts to such a thing to her, but i have a pretty good idea who it is and i will deal with that later.

*

We arrive at the hospital shortly after 6pm, and of course, her whole family is there.

"Ally!" Zara exclaims. 

Her other sister gets up too, and they both rush to hug her.

"Hey guys" she says, hugging them back. 

Her Mum comes to hug her too.

"Hai my love... How are you.. Are you ok? " she asks her, briefly glancing at me, then inspecting her. 

My heart skips a beat when i remember her slap mark. The last time i checked, it had started to fade, and i hope it's completely gone now. I am already ashamed that i let that happened to her after spending only one day in my care..i don't know how i would explain that to her family, and they would have every reason to be concerned and upset.

"Yes i am fine.. How's Dad doing?" Alaia responds.

"Much better, the doctor says he can go home tomorrow." Sienna explains.

"Ok.. And you guys, How are you? "

"Honey, don't worry about us.. We are the ones that need to worry about you". 'Mama bear' says.

Tssst.. I am tempted to scoff loudly.

"Can you take me to him" she asks.

Sienna takes hold of her arm, and together they walk inside. I start to follow behind them but get stopped immediately.

"Family only" she says, turning to face me.

"I am family,  she's my wife" i reply, making her frown in disagreement.

"Alright then, you are not wanted inside then...brother inlaw" she sneers.

This little family will drive me crazy. Her father pisses me off to no end, Alaia is fucking me up with all these lustful, obsessive feelings i have suddenly developed for her from the moment i met her, her mother dared to slap me yesterday, and this one here wants to test my patience and civility...I wonder what the youngest one will do next.

"Nick, do you mind? I want to spend time alone with them, can you give us a minute?" Ally asks softly.

I quickly look over the faces of her family and see the surprise on their faces at her casual address of my name.