Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The next day dawned and Percy began to wonder about how he would train for his sword fighting. He didn't think there was anywhere he could go to practice, except maybe the forest, but there were a tonne of monsters there. Deciding to talk to Dumbledore later, he went down to have breakfast. He was quite surprised to find that Κυμα was delivering a note to him. It was from his father, Poseidon.

Percy,

I need to show you something. You just need to tell your head of house that you have family business to take care of. If he doesn't believe you show him the other piece of paper I sent. When you get permission to go, you need to floo to Diagon alley. If you need, to talk to the headmaster. Again, if you need, to show him the second note.

Your Father

Poseidon

He quickly walked over to Snape, "Sir, I just got a letter from my father. I need to go talk to him about some family business."

"Where will you be going? I can't let you out without knowing at least that."

"Um, he mentioned going to Diagon Alley."

"Ok, did he say how to get there?"

"Yeah, he told me to floo there."

About ten minutes later, Percy was stepping out of the fireplace in the Leaky Cauldron. He looked around for his dad but couldn't find him. Just as he was about to go look outside he heard someone shout,

"Percy! Over here!"

He turned and saw his dad in his usual Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirt.

"Hey dad, what did you want to talk about?"

"Percy, we need to go to Gringotts. I'll explain everything there. Understand?"

"Yeah, ok."

And soon they were off, walking down Diagon Alley, with Poseidon talking about how the rebuilding of Atlantis was going, after it was destroyed in the fight against the Titans.

Soon they were at the entrance. As they walked in Percy read a poem on the door.

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn,

So if you seek beneath our floors,

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there

"Well, that's reassuring. But I think that the Stolls would take it as a personal challenge, not to mention Hermes." Thought Percy.

"It's a good warning Percy. This place has only been broken into twice. Once by Hermes, and the other by your grandfather, Tom Riddle. I don't think the goblins found out about Hermes stealing that sceptre though, so don't mention it to them, it'd hurt their pride bit much." He gave a quick wink, his eyes sparkling