Chapter 31

Chapter 31

*On Olympus*

"Father, I believe that there is a hero that will need my help."

"If he needs help, you may go, but I must ask who it is?" asked Zeus.

"His name is Harry Potter."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Hogwarts*

“My lord, what is it you request of us?” Asked a woman with red hair, faded in death.

“Lady Hufflepuff, you and the rest of the founders are here to answer some questions for me and my friends.” said Nico, waving over to Percy Annabeth and Chiron.

“What is it you wish to know?” Asked the other woman, obviously Rowena Ravenclaw, her dark eyes eerily similar to Nico’s.

“Well, milady,” started Percy, “we – I, was wondering, are the four of you children of Hecate.”

They looked confused. “No, good sir,” said Godric Gryffindor, obvious by his red hair, “we are the children of Trivia, the Roman goddess of magic. We have nothing to do with the Greeks, they’re untrustworthy. Why is it that you ask?”

“Well, I was reading Sa – Lord Slytherin’s journals and I found he said he and the other founders were children of Trivia, I was just making sure that it was true. Next is, from all the history books around, it says that Lord Slytherin, who is an ancestor of mine, was against anyone who was descended from a pureblood lineage. I couldn’t figure it out, since according to that belief, he’s a half blood, unless he thinks that gods make the lineage more pure, when, really, it doesn’t.”

“I never held that belief!” Yelled Salazar, his dark brown hair waving behind him. “ The boy I blood adopted, he was obsessed. He wouldn’t let that kind of thing go. Of course, I never told him he was directly descended from the Goddess of Magic herself. I didn’t want to see how he’d react. But, before could disinherit him, he killed me, leaving him with the headship. I’m glad it has passed into another Demigod’s hands now. The family has always been best when it was.” Percy gave him a confused look.

“Don’t look like that. I’m not the we’re not the only Slytherins to be demigods. My Great-Great Grandmother was a daughter of Tyche, the goddess of luck., and there are a few others, but I cannot remember who they were.”

“So, my family has attracted a few gods?”

“Yes, quite a few, but, usually it’s never revealed except to the other demigods.”

“OK, but what about the houses, the Hat says that you took in purebloods, why?”

“I didn’t, and if I did, it would have been so I could knock some sense into them. I told that hat to put them in my house based on the purity of their heart. Either that hat’s had it, or Nychael, that boy I adopted, messed with it.”

“So, why did you leave the castle, if you got along so well with the others?”

“I didn’t think it was a good idea to just invite the muggleborns. I thought they needed to have some knowledge before they came to Hogwarts. It seemed unfair to have children who were raised in a magical home, and then bring in children who had learnt that magic was evil, or to be distrusted, so, if we told them young, maybe brought in the ones from families that couldn’t accept it, but, the rest seemed to be fine with the way that things were. Just before I left, I’d gotten into a huge fight with Godric about it, the students must have taken it wrong, I was slipping into Parseltongue in that conversation.”

"Thank you sir. I'm glad I got to talk to you. I’m happy that you guys got on so well."

"You're welcome, child. And please, if you ever talk to me again, call me Salazar, sir has never sat well with me."

After Nico dismissed the ghosts he Percy and Annabeth filled in the hole, discussing what possibilities he could have for other godly ancestors. They’d ignored the fact that the founders used the Roman names, but now, they were trying to understand what they meant. Annabeth promised to try looking at Daedalus’ laptop, see if anything was on there.

They chatted for a while longer before they had to go inside. After dinner, during which the whole school stared at them and whispered,Percy walked with them out to the forest. Then,after watching Nico shadow travel them home, Percy went to bed with a smile on his face, happy to have seen his family.

AN:// I kinda lost the plot here at the end. If you can think of anyway for me to improve it please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy!

This has been edited. 11/08/2014