Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Next up was charms. The teacher was a small man but he was a great teacher, because he seemed to have a good sense of humour, like Chiron, even when something went wrong They’d just gone over the spells that had been learned the last year, with a bit of note taking, so a bit of a boring lesson. Finally it was time for lunch.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After having a quick lunch, Percy wanted to start on the only piece of homework he had, make Annabeth proud, then he wont have to rush to finish it later. After ten minutes, he realised that he was going to need help. There was no way he could keep writing with the quills and be able to read what he wrote, let alone get the teachers to read it. So after carefully scratching out a note to his mum, asking for some pens to write with. He got up and figured that, as he had nothing to do, he’d be better exploring the castle, figuring out where all the classes he had are, see if he could shave off time so he isn’t late if no one can wake him up in the morning (A very real possibility). Before long he found himself back I the dungeon, pretty close to where the Slytherin dorms were.

Looking around, he noticed that the dungeons were a place that Nico would like. Dark and gloomy, it was almost like the Underworld, all it needed was the screams of tortured souls and get supersized and it would be a perfect copy.

He headed over to the potions class. There were only about a dozen people outside the class. There were 3 other Slytherins, 4 Ravenclaws, a Hufflepuff and the 3 Gryffindors. Just as the golden trio was answering a question the Hufflepuff asked, the class door opened and Slughorn walked out.

Once they took their seats Slughorn said “Now then, now then, now then. Scales out, everyone, and potion kits and don’t forget your copies of Advanced Potion-Making …”

“Sir?” Percy heard Harry say.

“Harry, m’boy?”

“I haven’t got a book or scales, or anything – nor’s Ron – we didn’t realise we’d be able to do the N.E.W.T., you see –“

“Ah yes, Professor McGonagall did mention … not to worry, my dear boy, not to worry at all. You can use ingredient from the store cupboard today, and I’m sure we can led you some scales, and we’ve got a small stock of old books here, they’ll do until you can write to Flourish and Blotts …” With that he walked over to the cupboard and grabbed a couple of very battered-looking copies, which he gave to the boys along with two sets of tarnished scales

“Now then,” he said, taking a deep breath, almost popping the buttons off his waistcoat. “I have prepared a few potions you will be able to make by the end of the year. You ought to have heard of ‘em, even if you haven’t made ‘em.”

When he indicated the potion near Percy and the other Slytherins Hermione put her hand up before anyone else. Slughorn pointed to her.

“It’s Veritaserum, a colourless, odourless potion that forces the drinker to tell the truth.” She answered