Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The time ran by and September ended while October started. Percy got a letter back from his dad, telling him how proud he was, and to him it didn’t matter what animal he became. .

As the Hogsmeade weekend drew nearer, Percy started finding the classes boring. He was getting less and less help from Hecate, and he now needed to study! But Harry and Percy were looking forward to the Hogsmeade visit. In their time living in the same dorm, they had become friends. It was at the point that Percy was starting to spend some lunches at the Gryffindor table. Harry was starting to spend some time at the Slytherin table too, but he was a lot more cautious. Percy didn’t really blame him, but he was getting annoyed about Harry and Draco fighting all the time. He was friends with both of them and he was getting sick of them calling out insults at each other, then act all snobby when the other did it to them.

When Hogsmeade weekend finally came around Percy was excited to see his mum, and he wanted to meet Harry’s mysterious uncle, but what really caught his attention was all the stores that he’d heard about from Ron and Draco. He noticed that Harry was just as excited as he was. He was just about hopping when they started down the path to Hogsmeade, not really worrying about Filch and his secrecy sensor. They were heading down alone, not wanting to get Ron and Hermione wrapped up in it just yet. They’d get involved when things settled down. Soon they were at the three broomsticks like it was agreed, they were waiting for a few minutes before they saw Percy’s mum, and straight away, they looked behind her to catch the mysterious Uncle William. When they didn’t see him they were a little disappointed but still excited to see Percy’s mum.

“Hey mum, how are yah?” said Percy.

“I’m good Percy, how about you Harry?”

“I’m good.” Harry replied.

“That’s good, now Harry your uncle will be here in a couple of minutes, he had to sign a few things over at the International Floo. Now Percy, I’m really happy about that letter you sent me, I was a bit surprised with it though. I never expected that.”

“Mum, I’m fine with Harry knowing, I’m sure I can trust him.” Turning to Harry, he said, “Harry I’m an animagus now, I can change into a Jaguar.”

Harry sat there stunned for a couple of seconds. Then gasped, “How’d you do that? I’ve been trying to do it for ages, but I couldn’t find anything on it.”

“Well, I got a book from my grandad’s cousin, my dad’s dad. She was the one who taught me magic.”

The door cautiously opened, and a man with a dark wooden cane with a bronze top slowly walked into the tavern.

“Will, over here,” waved his mum. “How are you? I didn’t really notice the cane when I saw you last.”

“I’m good, my knee was shattered a few years back in Rome, Muggles tried to heal it and it went wrong, now magic can’t heal it, unless I re-break it. Now, how’s my nephew? I’ve always wanted to met you, but I never was able.”

“Why didn’t you take me in when my parents died?”

“When I went travelling, I put a mail ward up, I didn’t want any mail, I was on holiday. When I settled in Japan, I got rid of the ward, but that was three years ago, it was then that I found out that James and Lily were dead, by then I figured that you wouldn’t want to live with someone you’d never met. When Sally told me you wanted to talk to me, I was ecstatic. I was sure you’d heard of me and just didn’t want to know me, the uncle that never wrote.”

“No one ever mentioned you, I’d only just met Sirius when he offered me to live with him, and I would be, if Wormtail didn’t get away.”

“I’m sorry to hear about Padfoot, he was a great guy, and I knew he would never betray your mum and dad.

“What I really want to know Harry is if you’ll come live with me?” Will said cautiously.

“Yes please, I’d love to.”

“That’s great, I’ll sort out the paperwork, and by the Christmas holidays you’ll be living in Japan, with a holiday house in America.”

“Where in America?” asked Percy.

“It’s in Buffalo, New York.”

“Mum, can they? Please?” Percy begged.

“Only if Will likes the idea.” Answered his mum.

“What idea would that be?” Will cut in, “I seem to be a little lost.”

“Percy would like to know if you and Harry would be able to visit us for the winter holidays, seeing he has camp in the summer.” She said, pointedly looking at Percy, stopping him from making any comments

“I think a couple of weeks in America would be nice, I haven’t been there in a while. What do you think Harry?”

“I think it’s a great idea. The castle gets a bit drafty in the winter.”

“Then it’s settled. Now, what do you lot want for lunch?” from then the conversation was all about how they were doing in school (Sally was surprised but proud that Percy doing so well, he’d decided not to mention the voice giving him hints). When they finished lunch, they went for a walk around the town, Sally and Will pointing out the places they hung out at when they went to Hogwarts. Eventually the day had to end and they sadly parted ways at the carriages, and went up to school. When they went to sleep that night they had smiles covering there faces. But it didn’t last long.

This has been edited. 11/08/2014

Percy's Wizarding HeritageOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara