Chapter 16

Chapter 16

After considering it for a couple of minutes, Harry said “I think I’ll accept your help, Lord Waytr. I’ll need all the help I can get in the war that’s coming. I, Lord Gryffindor, accept the proposed alliance with Lord Waytr of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Waytr and the Ancient House of Slytherin.”

And suddenly a golden light surrounded Percy and Harry as they shook hands, sealing the deal. They grinned at each other, knowing that they were going to be great friends.

“You can call me Percy, all that lord stuff, it’s to stuffy for me.”  Whispered Percy.

“Same here, just call me Harry.” Harry whispered back.

“Now, are there any other issues that need to be sorted out Mr Gemtooth?” Asked Dumbledore politely, not noticing the whispered words between the two.

“Yes, there is one final thing.” Said Gemtooth. “We need to figure out how to tell the school they have the lords to five very important houses. They will need to know if they are to address them properly.”

“We will tell them tonight at dinner, I will inform the muggleborn and muggle-raised for to address them, and any of the half-bloods who need to know.” Percy perked up at this, but then lowered his head, realising what Dumbledore meant. “Then, Lord Gryffindor and Lord Waytr can have the private quarters of the Founders. They will need to be cleaned, as I said earlier, but should still be easily cleaned. I think the House-elves clean the rooms every twenty or so years, so nothing is wrong with them, that is, of course, assuming you wish to stay in them?”

“Umm, where are they? Are they close ‘cause I’d like some company. In my camp, I live in a cabin with heaps of other cabins around me. So I can hear all the arguing going on around. And at home, I live in an apartment, the walls are pretty thin, so I can hear my mum breathing.”

“Doesn’t anyone stay in your cabin with you?” Harry asked cautiously

“No, I’m a ... uh... senior councillor. Room all to myself, just close enough so I can stop the fights before they get to bad.”

“Ok”

“Yes, Lord Waytr, your rooms are interconnected into one common room. I believe that it was made this way to show that the founders could cooperate, they were obviously hoping that any family feuds were forgotten as long as they were at school, but, as no heirs have attended and revealed themselves to the goblins, they have not been able to lead by example. On a less morbid topic, the rooms themselves are on the sixth floor, near the portrait of the tiger in the glade. Once you find that picture, go two or three metres to the left, and say the password. It’s been ‘Deliverance for the last four hundred years, but feel free to change it, I think that you’ll find the way to do it.” His eyes were twinkling an annoying blue when he said that

“Thank you, Professor Dumbledore.” Harry and Percy chorused.

“Just a question though, professor.” Continued Harry. “Why didn’t you ever tell me about any of this? Why didn’t anyone tell me about it?”