Chapter 3

As Percy was wandering to his room to IM Chiron a thought struck him. How was he supposed to get to Scotland?

“Mum,” he called out, “ how am I getting to Scotland? I mean I can't fly, Zeus made that quite clear last time I did." He shuddered, remembering the terror he felt, like he was about to fall and crash into the ground, becoming a stain on the ground.

“Well, we'll probably take a boat to London.” His mum assured him, “The train to the school is there.”

“Wait, we go to a magic school on a train?” Percy said unbelievingly.

“Well how else do you expect to get there, flying on a magic broom? Maybe a flying carpet?”

“Yeah actually, I was thinking along those lines.” Said Percy sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head

“No we only use brooms for sport. It’s too uncomfortable to use it for long distance travel and magic carpets are illegal”

Percy sighed, figuring there was nothing else that could surprise him now, and asked “What do I tell Chiron about the school?”

She considered it a moment and then said “Well, you should probably tell him the truth; there are other centaurs there so he'll probably already know about the school.” Percy shrugged and walked off to talk to Chiron.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Percy got to his room and, using a glass pyramid he had for this kind of thing,made a rainbow.

“Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, accept my offering. Show me Chiron, camp half-blood.”

An image appeared in the rainbow showing that Chiron had just won another game of Pinochle against Mr D. “Hey Chiron. Can we talk in private?”

“Oh of course,” Mr D got up and headed into the big house, muttering under his breath about arrogant demigods.

“Is there anything wrong? Are you and your family alright?” Said Chiron immediately jumping to the worst conclusion, even if he could see Percy was in his room.

“No, no, we're alright, I just needed to tell you I'll be going to a new school, it's called Hogwarts.”

“Ah. I've heard of that place but never been able to visit. Maybe I could come with you to talk to the headmaster. What do you think Percy?”

“Umm, I think I’ve already been accepted and everything, I just need to get a letter saying that, but I can ask if you can go if you want.”

“Thank you Percy. I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing. I'm sure you’ll have fun at your new school. Do you want me to tell Annabeth?”

“No thanks Chiron, I’ll tell her myself. See you later”

“Goodbye Percy.” Percy cut the connection and flopped down on his bed thinking about how to tell his girlfriend that he was going to another country for school. He wasn’t sure if he could tell her anything, so he figured he’d ask at dinner and IM her after that.

This has been edited. 11/08/2014