Chapter 28

Chapter 28

When the doors opened, the jaws of all the attending students dropped. The whole place had been changed. It looked like a mix of medieval ball and modern day disco party.

The candles, usually the standard pale yellow wax were a pale pink that seemed to glow, giving off its own glow, regardless of the lightly scented flames.

All over the rafters there was pink white and red tinsel draped, giving off a faint sparkle in the candlelight. The house tables had been removed, leaving behind intricate metal framed tables and chairs for four to six people, with other tables around for smaller groups. At each setting were a thin china plate and a menu. When he sat down and no food appeared, he was confused. But when Percy looked around, he saw that the others were speaking to the plate what they wanted, which would pop onto their plate.

When Harry sat down, Percy’s jaw dropped. Next to Harry was Genevieve Heartwing, the girl who worked with him on the ball.

“So, when did you two get together?” Asked Percy.

“During the ball design. We started talking about random stuff and I eventually asked her if she would come with me. I wish I knew her I would have asked her to come to the Yule ball during the tournament.” Answered Harry.

“Well Harry, you’re so much more social now than you were then, so it’s no wonder that you didn’t know me then.”

“Well, that’s true. Hey, you guys know where Ron is?”

Hermione answered. “He decided not to come, I think it was because he thought it was going to be the same as last time.”

“What happened last time? Are you talking about that time that author was you professor? I’ve heard some people talk about it, but I haven’t really heard much.”

“Yeah, back in our second year, Lockhart decided that he was going to host a Valentines Day ball. He had the walls covered in bright pink flowers, there was lovey-dovey confetti falling from the ceiling. Even worse was that he was wearing a hot pink set of robes.”

“Nah Hermione, the worst was the dwarves. Had them dressed up as cupids sending valentines day messages.”

“You only say that ‘cause it was Ginny who sent it to you, though she was wrong. Your eyes look nothing like freshly pickled toad.”

Percy couldn’t help snorting into his drink when he heard that.

When he got the Pumpkin juice out of his nose he started talking. Well, I’m glad that this isn’t anything like that, though Dumbledore might be trying with those robes.” He pointed to the end of the hall, where Dumbledore was sitting in a set of robes that were a bright pink, though not blindingly so, that had purple hearts floating all over them.

After they got over seeing the robes, Annabeth asked them about the classes, and Hermione started explaining in great detail all the classes she took, telling Annabeth how Percy was a seeming natural at Defence and Ancient Runes. When she heard about the runes, Annabeth just laughed.

Finally, when most of them felt pleasantly full, Dumbledore stood up and all the food vanished.

 “Now that we’ve eaten our fill, it’s time to make this a proper ball. If you would all stand, we will clear the tables away and begin.”

When everyone stood up all the tables cracked away to the side of the room, leaving them all somewhere to sit when not dancing. In the centre of the room however, there was a great open place or them to dance.

Once the band, called The Frosted Knights, was playing a nice slow song (Probably the waltz thought Percy) Dumbledore led Professor McGonagall onto the dance floor. After a couple of minutes of everyone watching them, more couples waltzed into the spotlight.

Percy led Annabeth out when the second song started (also a slow one), with a whispered “I owe you a dance from Westover Hall, if you remember, I’ll try making it good, I still can’t dance.”

She whispered back; “I don’t care, you with me, that’s all that matters.” And she closed her eyes and lent on his shoulder, swaying to the music.

AN://Here are the websites for the dresses and corsages:

Genevieve:

http://www.lolitadress.co.uk/images/large/Lolita/Green-Gothic-Victorian-Dress-TQL120427057.jpg

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6354200/il_fullxfull.334396399.jpg

Annabeth:

http://s5.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/87C92425.jpg

http://sandimw.com/sitepics/silkcorsage/whroseheartsil333330.jpg

I got my sisters help with Genevieve’s dress and corsage, but I got the guys and Annabeth’s stuff on my own. So proud of myself. I thought I’d give you guys an extra chapter for waiting so long between the last two.