Chapter 12 Part I

Hey,

it's Friday and not Sunday! Chapter 12 Part 2 will be published on Sunday, get excited!

I just hop right into it - read, vote, comment but mostly read!

**********

"I'm searching for the Salad thief," she said it so determined that I was sure she meant it serious.

I grabbed both of her arms. "Look, right now, we're going to sit down and eat. I don't want to sit there alone and you don't want to be hungry, right?"

When she reluctantly nodded, I sighed relieved. "I'll buy you as many Chicken Caesar salads as you want."

I turned around and started walking when Rose tugged at my hand. "And Mochi."

"What?"

"You'll buy me Chicken Caesar salad and Mochi."

I smiled at her. "Okay."

"And Ramen," she said and I nodded. Then she dropped the bomb. "And, you'll go karaoking with me. We'll sing to cute songs and wear cute outfits."

Rose smiled hopefully at me . That little ...wench! She said that on purpose. My lips twitched to tell her to forget that but then she would go back to that searching mission of hers.

"Fine," I said through clenched teeth.

She clapped her hands in delight. "Promise me and say everything again!"

I huffed. "I promise you that I'll buy as many Chicken Caesar salads, Mochi and Ramen as you want. I promise to go karaoking with you in cute clothes and we'll sing cute songs. Happy?"

She grinned at me,  linked her arm in mine and we went back to our table. We looked at each other before our gazes dropped on the table. My grin dropped when my eyes landed on a salad. No, not just one salad but Rose's beloved Chicken Caesar salad. 

Her salad was in front of none other than Henry. My eyes widened. Henry had her salad! I looked at Rose and knew immediately she planned something.

"It's okay. Remember my promise, so forget this. Behave okay?" I whispered to her.

She nodded automatically at me and I guided her to her seat next to me and we sat down. Too late, I realized that she was sitting opposite from Henry and I was sitting next to Cam. I let my head fall. How was I going to stop Rose from doing something stupid, when I guided her to the thief?

"Careful or your hair might get dirty." I looked up to see that Cam was looking at me and holding my hair away from the pasta. I nodded and somehow my eyes found Henry's and he was staring at Cam and me with an expression I couldn't read while Juliette was telling him something.

I quickly averted my gaze and saw that Rose was staring at Henry too. I squeezed her hand as she squeezed mine back. Then she cleared her throat. "So....Henry, you like Chicken Caesar salad?"

Damn, that girl! She thought I was encouraging her! I screamed in my head, because obviously I couldn't scream out loud or they might think I'm crazy. Well, they already think that.

Henry looked at Rose and I was still surprised that he didn't see her as the beauty queen but rather as my friend, when he looked at her disinterested and bored than admiring. Or he always looked like that. Yes that it was. "Yes," he said confused.