Chapter 13 Part II

Hi,

it's April, the month of unpredictable weather and spring. Okay, that sounds so lame but anyway, a new chapter here! And a long one, sorry for not having 2000 words!

Anyway, read, vote, comment but most of all read! (That's my motto :))

Love, y'all!

********

"I'm so grateful, we're in this together. I couldn't have done that without you, guys. Oh, look, the weather outside is so fine. A little windy, but nonetheless beautiful. Maybe, we could eat something together, not now because we're obviously busy. But later?" Rose said, while separating the trash on the ground in the right wing of the library.

Honestly, she was the only one who talked since we started cleaning. And she didn't stop, not even when no one responded. I mean, Rose was telling us about her first role and how she knew she wanted to act as a little girl and knew it was her passion. I already knew her stories and still she talked about them because she loved to talk about it. It was simple as that.

However, she didn't realize that the mood of Henry, Cam and me dropped after our last class. I mean, hadn't she seen the brooding, sour mood etched on the guy's faces? Obviously, it had to do with the fact that Henry and Cam found it unfair from Principal Richardson to order them to clean the right wing because they didn't do anything wrong. Which could be right but Henry pulled Rose's hair too and Cam....well, Cam laughed at me. 

The Avilla boys never did something wrong, so it could stain their reputation. Not that someone would tell the press that they had to clean up a badly looking part of the library but in a way that shamed them both in ways they never thought they would see. Namely, involving themselves with weird girls who had nothing better to do but finding a salad thief and stopping the food fight with a pie that flew in a teacher's face. My reputation was already stained and Rose didn't care about hers. She was a girl, who lives in the moment and everything that happens in her life, is a life lesson - that's what she always said to me.

"Perhaps, no one wants to talk with you?" Cam suggested.

Well, that was harsh but that didn't stop her. Rose gasped in shock. "That's not true! Henry wants to talk to me." 

She looked hopefully at Henry but he ignored her. "I'd rather not."

"B-but," she spluttered. "Look outside! We have nice weather and if we can't be outside and are stuck here, we should at least speak with each other, get to know each other," she said it so enthusiastically that I was inclined to say yes but held back.

"How about, we play a game? We ask each other questions and answer them. If someone doesn't want to answer, they can pass, huh?" Rose continued.

Well, maybe I shouldn't say yes for obvious reasons. A game could be funny in the beginning but somewhere in the middle, it could turn out to more. Questions weren't always harmless and in my case, they wouldn't be.

I moved the first aisle further down to sort the books alphabetically. I took the wrong ones out and put the right ones on their spot. One aisle done, more to follow. Henry and I were assigned to sort the books out while Rose and Cam should clean the floor and position the desks and chairs on their right place.

So far, I was the only one who did my assignment and I felt proud of it. At the same time, I was annoyed that no one did something. Rose was talking and standing close to the window, looking out as if she was in a movie. Cam looked through books and threw them down as if I wasn't cleaning the mess he did. I swatted him more than once with my hand or books over his head but that didn't stop him from throwing them down. So, I gave up.