Chapter 37 Part I

Royals was busy as in there were so many costumers. Even Jenna was overwhelmed with the amount of people. It would be an understatement to say that so many people didn't cause a fraction of fear in my heart. 

It wasn't that I couldn't survive so many people in one place but too many people meant too little space and I always felt anxious with too much going on. Obviously, I was working in a bistro  and that screamed for interactions with other people but I wasn't really talking that much to anyone. Just with people I was comfortable with and that were my colleagues and Helga and Earl.

Also I had days where I just would be quiet and do my work because sometimes being all smiley and talkative was exhausting and all I wanted was to crawl back in my bed.

Today was day like that. I even wanted to call in sick but then I decided against it since I already had so much free time and all I would do was overthinking or recalling the past.

The past wasn't a good place for me. 

So, I came to work only to realize that it would be a hectic day and that Dean was late. 

I looked at Jenna, who was juggling in between cleaning the tables and getting the orders done. Caesar wasn't working today but he was here and would drive me home. So it should've been Dean, Jenna and me and three people were actually enough but apparently two weren't. 

I took the order and tipped the button to let the costumer pay with their card. Once that was done I started to make the coffees to just be a helping hand for Jenna. I brought the coffee to go to my last costumer and then went on to get the orders to the right tables. 

I was glad that I wasn't breaking some plates or cups. Maybe I was good enough in waiting tables when I was driven by pure adrenaline. 

Jenna often looked back to see if maybe Dean would magically appear and just stand there and tell us, "I've been here the whole time." And then smirk at us.

But he already missed half of the day and was still not here like he should be. I wondered if maybe something happened or if he was really just late. I also was tempted to call him but I couldn't bring myself to do that. And Jenna already called multiple times and he wasn't picking up. So, we waited but I was sure that Jenna would report this to Rhonda, who wasn't here. 

I knew it was the right thing to do but I still felt bad since Dean needed this job. He was always responsible but today he was like me. Late, reckless and stupid, I might add. 

The bell over the door chimed and I walked back towards the counter once I placed the sandwiches and the drinks on the table. 

I swiped my hands on my apron because all the sweatiness and wetness made me just more nervous than I was. 

At least, every costumer had their order and were in a peaceful mood. 

I pushed my hair out of my face and plastered a perfect friendly smile on my face. "Hi, what can I get for you?"

"Nothing. Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. 

Henry looked amazing in his black leather jacket and white shirt and black jeans. On top of his hair he had a cap on and it just made him look like an undercover star. I was definitely trying to shake the memory of yesterday, of us being so close and the way he stared at my lips out of my head but I didn't really succeed. 

The memory was there and so fresh. 

But it looked like I was the only one thinking about yesterday. Henry's face was void of any emotions.

I looked to my left and saw Jenna, leaning against and bar stool, huffing like she ran a marathon. Then I looked at the costumers and realized that now wouldn't be a good time. I didn't want to leave Jenna alone.