Chapter 5

Hey, Hey Wattpadders!

What's up? Guess what? I'm hella stressed but writing keeps me relaxed.

************

Summer before junior year

Dear Diary, 

I miss coffee. I mean I do get coffee here but I'm just in love with Royals coffee. I'm going to do a little advertising here: Royals is an exquisite bistro like it's for people who can afford the best of best - the most expensive and delicious coffee on earth. I do like tea, too. Mostly Indian chai but that's another story.

Anyway. Don't (and I say don't) ever compare it to Starbucks. I'm happy that I've never experienced the 'I'm going to Starbucks every morning to get coffee - experience'.  I'm glad that my two feet never ever have entered a Starbucks shop in my life.

I'm a fan of Royals since freshman year and not just because I spend so much time with my  clique here - from gossiping to to doing homework. But also because of the owner Rhonda Stuart.  She's one of the best friends of my Grams and I just love her.

Beginning of junior year

Dear Diary,

I've got a job! I feel like I'm the only who is happy about it. Mom looked down at me and I said I should do whatever I want but it won't  get me anywhere. I brushed her comment off. Scott and Henry (my bf) were surprised and I knew that they hated the idea of me working, especially Henry. 

It's not that he doesn't understand that people have to work. He just doesn't understand me, anymore. I mean he works too. He attends charity events and he loves doing that. But I think working in a bistro that screams royalty here and there doesn't fit him. Well, it doesn't matter.

I'm happy that Rho employed me. I love being there.

**************

My grandma Tessa Vermont was loved by everyone. She was like the sunshine on a rainy day or the topping of a cake. Even though she was old (like very old), she didn't look like it. Her athletic body and dyed hair made her the style icon for all the other grandmas. 

She was sitting on a bar stool, talking to Rhonda, the owner of Royals.

It's better if I called her out instead her calling me out. This always ended in a heated argument, where occasionally bad language was involved.

"Grams!" I called, going to her and giving her a big hug.

"Here you are, Em! I was going to call you, but couldn't find you in my contacts." She said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't find myself either, if my phone was turned upside down," I stated. I took her phone and turned it so I was 'Em again instead of 'mE. 

Grams frowned. "But the young boy at the counter didn't say anything about that."

I looked over there to see a smirking Dean. Dean with his hazel brown eyes and brown hair. "Grams, he didn't say anything because he's trying to be a murderer and to achieve that you need to be mean." 

Well, at least I thought so.

"Em, did you eat something?" Rhonda asked me. 

I didn't, but I don't say that. I just didn't want to think back to Scott and my (well mostly mine) conversation and the outcome of it.

But before I could reply my stomach grumbled, which Rhonda heard perfectly. "Oh good. Do you want something to eat?"

I smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry. I didn't eat enough at school but don't worry, I'll work now and eat on my break."