Chapter 18

Hello, hello,

The next chapter is available :)

(edit: I'm sorry for the long wait and the late upload. Some things came up and well, I truly thought I could upload this chapter the moment, I actually wrote it...)

Read, comment and vote!

    *********

"Attack ladies! With full power!"

I winced, when Grams and her friends literally yanked at the poor man's hair and I suddenly - though very late - realized that this was Susan's Greg. Well, now it looked like he had a new lady love. Greg didn't look bad for an old man, so I did see why Susan would've fallen for him.

He must've broken her heart very badly for Susan to be like that - inviting her best friends to publicly take revenge was the next step to being crazy as hell. 

I know, I shouldn't speak because I was weird too, but Susan was literally crazy. Well, most of my Grams friends were like that, even my grandma.

Once, these old rich friends were gone for two months, enjoying their times with Harley bikers, driving through the streets with adrenaline pumped bodies until one of them realized she had a very weak body and fell unconscious and the other one found out that the bikers wasn't her true love like a clairvoyant at a festival had mentioned. 

Yeah, the story didn't end well. 

It warmed my heart to see how they were still so good, despite their different lives and experiences. They'd known each other since middle school and Grams was even friends with Henry and Cam's grandma until she died of cancer. If I compared her friendships with mine, I realized that she held her friendships close to her heart, whereas I just broke friendships apart. 

The sad part was that everyone knew me in Lakewood, so I needed to graduate as fast as I could to escape from here and never come back. Because once you're labeled, that tag would never get away. I was a lot in Lakewood - a bitch, a slut, a home - wrecker, a junkie, an addict, a player, a lost cause, a bad daughter and human being and so much more.

Sometimes, even I believed I was all of that, but I can't show that it hurt a lot, when someone says that to me. I needed to protect my heart and myself. That was how I survived for so long. I wasn't here to stay, I graduate and I'd be gone. 

You can't break something that was already broken.

Sometimes, I just wished to be like my grandma. To maintain and be strong, to hold onto these friendships. And sometimes not, while looking how they ripped at that man's hair.

It was a shame that I wasn't born in their years and friends with them but had to endure going to class with probably their granddaughter - and sons. I was pretty sure, Henrietta's and Miranda had grandchildren and every child that comes from rich money mostly visited Lakewood Prep.

Even I believed that. I always believed I was meant for higher standards. I became a Royal in the finest way. I was dating royal blood and everyone adored me until my spectacular downfall. 

Now, I'm probably just garbage for everyone. Blacklisted and stripped from the highest ranking and I made history. This taught me two lessons: I would never ever sent my kids to Lakewood Prep and sometimes, higher expectations were meant to break to show the bloody truth.

I was ordinary, nothing special in a world full of people, who treated you as ordinary.

I looked away from the fight, only two feel eyes extremely close to me. You know that the moment, when you catch someone staring at you and not in a cute or flirty way? Just someone that either looked at you creepily or had nothing better to do but stare at you.