Chapter 37 Part II

I set the coffee cup down. After I left the office I searched for Henry and found him sitting at a table close to the window. His eyes were focused on the people outside Royals. His expression had nothing on the cold and distinctive way he always asserted me with. 

Henry just came here to talk to me and now he was still here. Waiting for me to come. My heart jolted at that realization. It didn't even matter that he was just there because he was my tutor. All that mattered for my heart was that he waited for me

His green eyes found me when the chair screeched as I pushed it out to sit opposite of him. The softness in his eyes not only surprised me but made my heart go wild.

That was the same softness that was once upon mine. The one I fell for. The one I realized I was missing so badly. 

Wait, what was I thinking? 

No, I did not miss anything about Henry. 

I was just confused. 

Yes, just confused because of all the obstacles and problems I was facing.

I didn't know what Henry saw in my eyes - though I really hoped he didn't see my confused feelings I had for him like me missing him - but slowly the softness featuring his face vanished and his whole exterior changed to the Ice King. 

Cold and emotionless - that was the guy in front of me.

He eyed the coffee and leveled his cold gaze on me. "I didn't order anything."

"I know."

That was the only thing I said. He shouldn't know I actually brought the coffee for him because he was still here and that him being here comforted me more than I wanted to accept.

I might have hit my head while sleeping. 

I blamed it on my nervousness. This must be it - I was really anxious and jittery today. 

I should've taken my pills because my heart's beating was so fast that I thought I'd die on the spot.

I clasped my hands together and put them on the table. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Henry leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms. He looked sideways. "What was that all about earlier? Are you and him a thing or is he just ....?"

He didn't finish his sentence but I wasn't really aware of what he was talking about anyway. "What?"

He jerked his head and I turned around to see what he meant. The only person who was currently at the counter was Dean, whose whole body had a rigid stance as he was taking orders and making coffees simultaneously. I wasn't sorry that I wasn't helping him instead of sitting here with Henry, when he went all mad on me for something I didn't do. 

"That guy and you - are you together?" Henry asked me and I turned to see him staring at me tensed. He shrugged. "It seems like that - the way he was grabbing you and you gave him the right to do so without saying anything."

I sat upright, my lips thinned to a line. Why was it that Henry had to taunt me every time upon the same matter. "If you're only here to question me and talk about my love life, I'm going. I'm not obligated to answer you or listen to your nonsense."

I made a move to stand up. Simultaneously, Henry uncrossed his arms and his hand lightly grabbed my wrist. "You're right, I'm sorry. I'm not here because of that, I'm here for our sessions together."

I looked at his hand encircling my wrist and I really hoped he didn't feel my rushing pulse or how my heart was beating faster with his touch. My gaze found his and the earnest look in his eyes told me he was saying the truth.