Chapter 17 Part I

Hello, 

this chapter will be uploaded on June 18th or 19th, but I just wanna thank you all for the reads I got until now. I'm sure, we will be hitting 1k this weekend and I'm so overly excited and nervous. I never thought it would happen but I'm soooo grateful. 

Anyway, enjoy the reading, voting and commenting!!!

                                                                                             *************

Summer before junior year 

Dear Diary,

I'd told you about Maya and that she looks familiar? 

Yes, I still don't know who she is. She's mysterious, though not mysterious people one encounters in books or films. 

No, more like in a creepy way. Not that she's creepy because assuming that is mean. And I'm not a mean girl at all. 

Anyways, I have news. Not good ones. 

Someone here died. 

Yes, a teenager like me died. 

The staff said there's nothing to be worried about but I'm worried. 

No. I'm scared and can't wait to get out of here. 

Beginning of junior year 

Dear Diary,

there was always something to worry about. Whatever happened in New Haven came back with me to Lakewood. It haunted me. 

Though I called my mother after asking Mrs. Denvers, she didn't answer. It was always the mailbox. 

I remained there for one month. Exactly, four weeks. These weeks that changed everything. Where I changed and started to feel lost.

And now, I'm lost.

******************

"No one is going to stop us," I said flatly. "Sounds familiar, don't you think Rose?"

Rose groaned. "Can you stop? How could've I known that I will puke by eating too much sweets."

I shrugged innocently. "Well, I just want to know who said that. The person is kind of familiar."

After Rose's declaration of eating sweets and that no one could stop us, it went down. See, no normal human being could eat too much sugary thing without getting sick. Even I, the Queen of sweets felt sick after too much cake and ice cream.

Eventually, I stopped but Rose kept going. She literally wanted to prove that no one could stop us.

 Except her stomach.

"Stop mocking me!" Rose declared. "I already told you, I'm.....-" she stopped and held a hand over her stomach.

Rose bolted upright from the bed and ran to the bathroom.

"No, no, don't puke! Wait Rose, close the door!" I shouted after her but she gave a weird non - understandable reply. "Fine, let me cover my -"

She started to throw up and I yelped before I covered my ears tightly. I murmured a song, which I'm pretty sure didn't even exist, but it was hundred times better than listening to Rose throwing up.