Oh, How Things Have Changed (2)

"Y/n, I'm sorry, i-it's all my fault I-" He hesitates and then looks down at the ground.

I then began to connect the dots but, I didn't want to believe it. But, the words that came out of his mouth confirmed it.

"I killed Rin" 

Your Pov 

I stood there shocked, I know I didn't have the best relationship with Rin but, she was still my teammate.  'What am I supposed to say? I just don't understand!' "W-what do you mean? What happened? I mean, how did this happen?" I said looking at Kakashi.  I heard a saddened saigh come from his lips. 

"It all started..." 

flashback Kakashi's Pov

 I knock on the Hokage's door and hear a faint 'come in.' "Hello, Kakashi, I have a mission for you. We received news that one of our ninja have been taken hostage by enemy ninja. " The Third Hokage pauses and hestiently began to talk again. "The ninja who was taken hostage was Rin Nohara." I stand there shocked. "Right, I understand. I will leave right away." I say and began to walk to the door.

" I promise, Rin I will save you and keep Obito's promise" I say.

I walk back to the house and began to pack.  Once I finished packing a I began to head to the gates and summon my ninja hounds.

timeskip... 

"Kakashi, where almost there." says Pakkun. As we begin to enter enemy territory I tell Pakkun and the other to find a way in. "Quickly, Kakashi this was!" Pakkun Shouts and The other ninja hounds began to dig into the the cave. "Hey!" says an enemy ninja. I quickly draw my weapon. "Kakashi now!"  I quickly slid into the cave and my ninja hounds bark, which makes the ceiling collapse. 

"Pakkun? do you sense her?" I shout while running. "Yes, but, we better hurry something isn't right here." he said and I nodded. As we near the end of the long  tunnel underground, I spot Rin.  

"Rin! Are you ok?" I say running over to her. 'I have to hurry' I swear hearing the enemy ninja trying to break through the barrier. i break the Genjutsu and untie Rin. "Kakashi-kun?!" Rin says. "Righ, Rin we have to hurry!" I say grabbing her hand. "Pakkun is there a way out?" and he nods.  "This way" he barks. I dash after him and leave the cave. 

As we are escaping enemy ninja begin to grow in numbers. "Kakashi, somethings wrong, there's something inside of me." She says while dashing. "Rin, nows not the right time." I say while dodge kunai. I then throw an explosive kunai towards them, trying to slow them down. 

"Kakashi-kun, this is serious! they did something to me!...Kakashi-kun, you need to kill me!" She shouted

"RIN, STOP, I'M NOT KILLING YOU!" I shout. I then see an open field.  ' we are surrounded' I begin to form head signs "CHIDORI!" I shout and activate my sharingan, I charge toward the enemy but, in the blink of an eye Rin jumps in front of me and takes the attack. I stand there shocked and begin to cry. "R-rin, w-why?" "k-kakashi" She says closing her eyes falling backward. 

I feel my eye begin to burn and I pass out. 

flashback ends 

Your Pov 

"Kakashi, it wasn't your fault, Rin jumped out in front of you." I say in tears. 

"yes I did" he stops and begins to look at his right hand, which begin to shake "i-i-i d-didn't...I didn't keep Obito's promise, he told me to protect Rin and I didn't." He says while sobbing. 

I begin to walk closer to kakashi and reach out to grab his hand but, her quickly pushes me away. "Y/n, don't touch me, just stay away! I don't want to hurt you!" He says backing away and turns around, quickly walking back to his room and shuts the door. 

'Why..why me?' I burst out in tears.

timeskip 1:30 a.m. 

My eyes are burning, red and puffy from lack of sleep and from crying. As I am staring out the window I hear load footsteps running through the house and hear the faucet turn on. I quickly dashes out of my room and into the kitchen, I see kakashi washing his hands over and over again. "Kakashi! stop!" I yell grabbing his hands and he begins to fight me. "Kakashi, its ok, it's just me, Y/n." I say trying to get Kakashi to calm down. 

He then looks at me and begins to cry. "Kakashi, what's wrong?" I say, knowing exactly what's wrong. "I-it won't come off." He says in a shaky voice 

I then flip kakashi's hands over and he looks down at them.

"Kakashi, there's nothing on them." I say, I know that there's nothing there physically but, its there mentally.

I then look over and notice the faucet is still running.  I reach over and turn it off. I then feel Kakashi hands tighten around mine. I look back over at him and he notices.

Kakashi let's go of my hands and begins to walk away. "Kakashi we need to talk this through, you obviously hurting inside, I know how you feel. I know-" I say calmly

" No, you don't know how I feel, so don't try and say you do!" He says angrily.

"You weren't there and you promised that you would be there! But, you went of on your stupid mission!" He says putting his hands into fists.

'Is this how he felt?'

"Kakashi, I now your upset right now but, how was I suppose to now this was going to happen?"

"Oh, really! We'll maybe you shouldn't be so selfish!" He shouted

The next words that came out of my mouth, would be something that would comr back to haunt me.

"Well I remembered telling you not do to something stupid! But, looks like you broke your promise to me too!"

I stood there shocked and Kakashi looked over at me, hurt written all of his face and he turned around.

"Kakashi wait, ple-" I say beginning to cry.
'Why, do I always mess things up.'

Kakashi then turned around with tears running down his face.

"Don't ever talk to me again."