Chapter 9

Your Pov

Today was our first mission with team 7! Kakashi and I left the house and met up with the team. Of course, Obito was late again, saying 'there was this old lady who needed help! ' 'sure...' I thought, honestly, how many old ladies do you help?

'"Our first mission is to capture a cat. " Minato-sensei says.

"NO WAY! THAT'S SO BORING!!" Obito shouts and everyone facepalms.

After a long argument between Obito and Minato-sensei. We finally start our 'mission'.

"Come on Obito it won't be so bad. Rin says and Obito blushes.

"Yeah, I disagree with that Rin. " I say. She looks over at me and gives me the death glare. I shrink back behind Kakashi and he sighs. We track target 'c' about 500 feet away from the given location.

"I spot the target" I shout through the microphone, everyone agrees.

"Go!" Minato-sensei shouts, Obito grabs the cat, completing the mission.We start to walk back to the Hokage to officially complete our 'mission'.

"Hey Kakashi-kun? '' Rin asks sweetily.

"Hm" Kakashi replies and shoves his hands deep into his navy pants pockets.

"If you're not busy I was wondering if--"

"HEY BAKAKASHI! STOP FLIRTING WITH RIN!! '' Obito shouts. Minato-sensei and I look behind us.

"What are you even talking about? I wasn't flirting with her, you idiot." Kakashi asks annoyedly.

"I wish you were... " Rin mumbled. Kakashi starts to feel uncomfortable between Obito shouting at him to stop stealing his girl and Rin standing way too close for his liking. Kakashi then walks tensely towards me.

"Are you--" I start and Kakashi squeezes my nose.

"I don't want to talk about it. " He replied while looking off to the side. We finally reached the Hokage's office. We open the door to see an older lady standing in front of the Third Hokage. She looks over at us and smiles.

"You found my cutie pie! " She shouts happily. 'No wonder the cat keeps running away! I would too if I was the cat!' She then grabs her cat and walks away. The Hokage sweat drops and dismisses us.

"Wait! Y/n-sama and Kakashi, I want to talk to you two." The Hokage states. We wait for the rest of the team to leave before the Hokage continues.

"I have been watching your performance lately during your D,C, and B ranked missions and I will continue to watch your performance as you both take the chunin exams next week." The Hokage finishes handing us a slip of paper.

"You two are dismissed. '' The Hokage states while waving goodbye. Kakashi and I walk out of the building to see Obito shouting and jumping up and down.

"Hey Obito? Why are you so happy? " I ask.

"We are going to be taking the chunin exams. " He states and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Oi." Kakashi says and Obito and I look over.

"Do you have a problem Bakakashi?!" Obito points and I start to zone out.

"Tsk, you-" 'Why would the Hokage pull us aside from the team to tell us?'

"Ackem..So... Kakashi and Y/n, what did the Hokage want?" Minato-sensei asked and Kakashi looked at me. We had a short staring contest to see who was going to tell him. Kakashi shrugs and looks away. 'great, I guess it going to be me.'

"He told us that we are also taking the exam next week. " I told him. Minato-sensei looks very confused but nods anyway.

"Hey Kakashi-kun? Rin starts and walks over to Kakashi.

"I didn't get to finish what I was going to ask you. I was wondering if you wanted to get ramen with me?" She asks, leaning closer into Kakashi's shoulder.

At this point Kakashi is now freaked out and feels really uncomfortable. He looks over at me giving an S. O. S. I shrug and look away, this is payback for yesterday! I thought.

"I don't like ramen! " Kakashi quickly states and walks over to me grabbing my hand walking away. Leaving a very confused team and a fuming Rin. Once we are out of site I look over at Kakashi and say "Since when did you not like ramen?"

"Shut up! This was your fault. I asked for help and you looked away. " He states.

"Not so fun is it? " I smirked in accomplishment. Kakashi paused and I continued to walk briskly past the nearby shopkeepers.

"Hey! Wait a second! I thought we were past this already?" He whines while chasing after me.

"Yeah, but I couldn't help myself. " I laugh and pause. I nudge Kakashi's shoulder with mine and he pushes me back.

"What?" He asked and placed his hand back into his pockets.

"You still didn't answer my question. " I state and Kakashi grunts.

"It's just...When I decided to go out and eat with her, she kept staring at my face. It was annoying. Can we go now?" He states. Well, that's Rins own fault. the rule about Kakashi, don't stare at him while he eats.I had to learn the hard way

"Alright fine, let's just go home and eat. " I replied.

What a weird day...