Chapter 22

Your Pov

After our journey back home we had to tell the Hokage about what happened. Let's just say telling the Hokage was the easy part. I had to go alone to the Uchiha compound and inform the head, Fugaku-san about the passing. I couldn't believe it... Obito was gone... And it was my fault.I walk out of the the Hokage's mansion and see Mikoto-san with Itachi. 

"Hey! Nee-chan your back, how did it-" Itachi pauses and I look up at Mikoto-san. 

"Y/n? Are you alright? What happened?" She asked with worry and I gulped. 

"I-I would rather not talk here. Is Fugaku-san back at the house?" I asked and she nodded. Mikoto-san motions me to follow her and Itachi walks next to me. I tilted my head backward and watched the remnants of the team vanish.  'Why things turn out this way?' 

The journey back was long and I felt bad not answer any of Itachi's questions.  I just couldn't feel anything. My mind and body numb. I guess it only natural to feel this way? Right? As I look up Mikoto-san holds the door open for me. I slip off my shoes and walk into the house. 

"Ah, Y/n. Your back already.  How did your mission go? " Fugaku-san says walking into the main hallway. 

"Do you mind if we talk in private?  I ask while trying to contain my tears. I watch Fugaku-san nod slowly and leads us into a  separate room in the household. He motions me to sit down in front of him.  I grip my pants and I fill my body shake. 

"Y-Y/n?" Fugaku-san asks with worry. 

"The mission did not g-go well. " I blurted out. 

 "Why what happened? " He asked 

"He died... " I said struggling to contain my tears. 

" Who? " Fugaku says wondering where this was going.

Silence 

"Y/n! Who was it?!" He ask louder and I trembled.  I couldn't contain it anymore my head hurt so bad. It felt like I was about to pass out. 

 "OBITO! AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT! " I shouted and glared down at him. 

Silence 

I grip my forehead in pain and began to rub my eyes. 

Silence 

 "Y/n..." Fugaku-san breaks the silence. I squint my burning eyes and he sighs. He was conflicted and his eyebrows furrowed together. 

"I'm truly disappointed of what occurred during the mission. The loss of a clansman is very upsetting." Fugaku-san pauses and more tears escape from my eyes. I close my puffy eyes and wait for the consequences. But, all I felt was a hand on my right shoulder. 

"Y/n, I'm not sure what occurred on the mission but, it wasn't your fault. Your still young, these things were bound to happen." He replied. 'Bound to happen?' I thought angrily but, I knew deep down he was right. I may be a Jonin but, I'm only 14 years old. 

Silence 

"Though a regret saying this. There seems to be a positive outcome from your lose." Fugaku-san stated. I open my eyes and and tilt my head. 

"You've actuvated your sharingan. But, anyway Y/n, you should go check up on your friend." 

I watched Fugaku-san stand up and stop right outside the room. His finger tapped against the wall and I sigh escaped from his lips. 

"Make sure to keep this private. You can't tell anyone, I hope you understand." Fugaku-san said and I nodded.  I get up, leave the room,  and head back home. I look up at the sky and see the dark clouds starting to form.

 "Why does the weather always take a turn for the worse when something bad happens?" I laugh sadly.

I feel as if the world is staring at me, waiting for me to make a decision. I'm not sure what it is yet and I don't know what to do when that choice arrives. I finally reach my house and stare at the door.  I take a deep breath calming my nerves and push the door open. I walk in and see darkness. I continue to walk around the house and see Kakashi's door shut. I walk over and debate whether to knock or not.

Knock, Knock

 "Kakashi? You there?" I cough out knowing he was in there.

Silence 

"Right..." I whispered and placed my hands into my pockets. I squint my eyes shut and grip my arm. I slowly traced the bandages and shook my head. I walked into my room and decided to run a shower. Everything was a blur and I let the water run. 'My fault' I repeated over and over again. It was my responsibility to watch the team and I failed. 

Eventually, I managed to finish showering and decided to put pajamas on and slip into bed. I placed my head deep into the pillow. 

Flashback 

"Everything will be fine. "

"Promise"

"Yeah, I promise."

flashback ends

"Tsk, (laughs) What complete lies!" I said and gripped the bed sheets. 

Bang!

I jump and look out my window noticing a giant lighting bolt hit the ground. I look back down at my arm. 'I just...I can't' I thought and fell back onto the mattress. Staring outside while letting the rain wash away any unwanted thoughts. 

"I'm sorry Obito."