Chapter 20

Time skip 6 years (you and Kakashi are now 14 yrs old)

Your Pov

Over the past couple of years a lot has happened. Kakashi and I became Jonin recently and Obito and Rin are now Chūnin. My relationship with Kakashi has stayed the same.

Oh! I almost forgot! I have been training with Fugaku-san recently, trying to activate my sharingan. But, unfortunately that hasn't happened yet. Itachi is now 6 yrs old and I heard he will be graduating soon. Kakashi and I have been going off on high ranked missions and receiving more tasks since the third great ninja war started.

"Hey! Y/n! Let's go! We need to meet up with team 7!" I hear Kakashi shout from the other room. 

"Coming!" I say running over to the door. We both put on our sandals and walk out the door. 

"What do you think Minato-sensei wanted?" I ask and Kakashi shrugs.

We meet up with the team and wait for obito to arrive. Once everyone is here Minato-sensei waves over to us to form a group. 

 "Thank you all for coming. I just received a message for the Hokage. Team 7 will be going on a mission tomorrow to capture enemy scrolls. " Minato-sensei instructed and paused to make sure we understood our new tasks. 

(a/n: sorry if this isn't how it really happens.)

"We will meet at the village gates at 7:00 am sharp! Obito make sure to be on time. This mission is very important." Minato-sensei threatened making Obito shriek. 

"Y-yes Sensei! You can count on me!" Obito said while pointing at himself. 

"O-ok! Good!" Minato-sensei nervously laughed. To be honest I think we all were a little doubtful that Obito was going to make it on time. Especially Kakashi who constantly glared at Obito. I nudge Kakashi's left shoulder. 

"Ready?" I asked pointing toward town and Kakashi nods. As we start walking away Rin shouts over at us.

"Hey! Kakashi-kun! Y/n-chan! Wait up!" Rin shouted while running towards us. 

"Yeah? What's up?" I asked and she scratched the side of her face. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat? " Rin asks while peering at Kakashi. 

"Sure." Kakashi shrugs and I snicker. 

"Sure, I'd be down. but, we can't get ramen anymore cause Kakashi doesn't like ramen." I laughed and Kakashi glared at my in annoyance. 

"Yeah! I remember that! We can go get barbecue instead? " Rin questions. 

"Yeah, sounds great!" I replied. 

"HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GOING??!?!" Obito shouts and I waved him over. 

"Obito? You want to come with us we are about to get something to eat. " I say and he nods. We all walk to the restaurant and sit down.

 "Do you think the mission will be dangerous? " Rin asks while drumming her fingers against the wooden table.

"Probably." Kakashi replied while shrugging. 'Honestly! I can't with his attitude sometimes!' I thought in disgust. Once our food comes out and we grill the meat and start to eat.

We all eat in silence and of course the first one done is Kakashi. Every time I ask him how he eats so fast, his answer is always the same 'magic'. 'How can it be healthy to eat that fast? But, what do I know. I'm not a doctor.'

After we all eat we split the bill and wave goodbye.  Kakashi and I head back home. Once we enter the house we take off our sandals. We both grab our books and sit down and read for the rest of the afternoon.

I look out my window and notice a black cat walk across the window seal. 

"It's probably nothing. " 

'Oh, I was so very wrong, tomorrow would be one of the worst days of my life.'