A Genie's Soft Spot

Adrien's POV

I don't know if the genie will think I'm a fool or something and not help me because of this, but I can barely stand because I'm so scared.

Scared that this being could kill me, or worse, not help me save y/n.

"Um, hi? I'm sorry to disturb you, but I really, really need your help."

"You again?!"

"What? I've never asked for anything from you before!"

"Lying to me?! I am Shasu The Wise! I can tell when someone is untruthful!"

"I promise I have never even seen you!"

Why would this genie think I've been here?!

"No other mortals have the feline features that you posses!"

Oh great.

Past holders must have been here and asked this genie for something, and from the looks of it, the answer was no.

"I'm not the same person that was here before! I'm a miraculous holder, and so was someone else a long time ago, who must have sought out your help!"

"Demanding me to boost the abilities of those magic jewels is not seeking my help!"

"I don't want any more powers! I just want to save someone I love!"

"Likely story! I will not fall for your foolish tricks! All you humans ever want is power and riches!"

"There's no trick! I already have enough powers and riches! I just need your help to save my girlfriend!"

"Trying to appeal to me by feigning true love will not work!"

"That is one thing I would never lie about! I truly do love this girl, and she's days away from being buried!"

I feel a few tears slip out, but I don't care, hopefully they'll help convince this 'Shasu The Wise'.

"And let me guess, only a lifetime supply of camembert cheese will save her?"

Really, Plagg?! I think.

I don't know if he can hear my thoughts, I hope not, but if he can, then he better start preparing his speech on why he didn't tell me why the genie was angry with him.

"No! I don't really know what will save her, but I doubt it's cheese!"

"No, of course not. It's a billion gold bars!"

"Please! You said you could tell when someone is being untruthful, can't you tell when someone isn't?!"

"So you were listening. That is more than I can say for the previous one."

"I'm holding on to your every word here, because I need to know immediately if you'll help! Y/n won't be able to wait much longer!"

"So there's a name?"

"Of course she has a name!"

"This girl really exists?"

"Yes, but she won't for much longer!"

"Very well. I did not get the title of being wise for nothing. I can see in your eyes the truth."

I feel that small spark of hope get bigger.

"So you'll help me?!"

"Possibly. I'll grant you one wish."

"I thought it was three?" Slips out.

"One or none!"

"Ok! One is good! That's just what I'd heard! I'm sorry!"

The genie seems to laugh, I suppose he finds my fear hilarious.

"There are a few rules I must mention before you make your request."

"It probably doesn't matter, I know the exact wish I need. And please don't twist it around, I've heard of that happening." I say as earnestly as possible.

"I can't always control what happens. And you really must hear the rules."

"Fine, what are they?"

"I cannot kill anyone for you."

"That's definitely not what I want."

"I cannot make two people fall in love."

"I told you, I'm already in love, and I don't need anyone else to love someone."

"And the last one, I cannot bring anyone back from the dead."

I feel that spark get extinguished as I fall to my knees.

"Oh. Is she already gone?"

I nod, unable to speak.

"Then I cannot do anything about it now. I am sorry. "

Shasu's barely still figure of wispy smoke starts blowing away, back into the ring.

More tears leak out, as I feel my throat close up.

A sob works it's way out, while I cover my mouth with my hand.

Pictures of my time with y/n start playing through my head, and I hear her laughter, see her blushing at something I'd said.

I can almost feel her in my arms, cuddled up to me as we watch a movie.

As we watch a movie...

One of the few movies we've seen together was Tangled.

And that gives me an idea.

"Shasu! Shasu come back!" I shout, standing up and rubbing the ring again.

"What is it?!" I hear as the smoke begins forming again.

"I know how to save y/n!"

"I already told you, I cannot bring anyone back from the dead!"

"No, but maybe I can!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Shasu the Wise, for my one wish, I wish to have a working Sundrop flower from the Disney movie Tangled, which can be activated through the same song as the movie! And be used more than once!" Maybe I can also save my mother!

"I have no idea what that means, but here goes."

A possible arm covered in smoke reaches toward me and a bright flash makes me blink.

When I open my eyes, in my hand is the same flower from the movie.

I really hope this thing works.

Or else I've wasted the one possible shot at saving y/n.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I cry.

"Yes. Now do not tell anyone of my whereabouts. I have no need to be bothered for silly wishes all the time. You are lucky I have a soft spot for true love. It is not found often."

For the first time since last night, I feel myself give a small smile.

"I know. I'm very lucky to have found it, and I'm lucky that you've helped me, so again, thank you!"

"You are welcome. Now, if you could just place that ring back where you found it, that would be great."

The smoke dissipates again and I quickly shove the ring back where it was, and call out for Kaalki.

Once she appears, urging me to hurry up, I quickly Unify the two kwamis, and summon a portal, while cautiously clutching the precious flower.

I really hope this works.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
I would've loved to have had the Genie from Aladdin, but it's already been established that Disney movies are a thing, so it woulda been kinda weird 🤷but it's a good thing, eh 😉