Dance Fever

Adrien's POV

"Are you going to the dance?" "What are you going as?" "I'm going to ask so and so to be my date!"

That's basically all the talk around school. Dance, dance, dance.

I've had multiple fans come up to me in the streets and ask me to go with them.

I wouldn't go with them, even if I could.

Which I obviously can't.

Chloe asked me to go, of course, and so did Lila. Kagami also asked if I was going.

I politely told them my father wouldn't let me go, even though I haven't asked him.

In case for some crazy reason he actually lets me go, which is a 0.1 chance, but still wouldn't want to lose my excuse. And if he thought I wanted to go, he'd keep a check on me all night.

Besides, if I was going to ask anybody to the dance it'd be Ladybug.

Or maybe y/n, but not as my date of course, just as my friend.

I'm still deciding what I want to go as, I originally thought of being Ladybug, but there's going to be a ton of Ladybugs already, and that's just what I know from school.

I haven't heard anyone say anything about being Cat Noir though.

Not that I'm upset about it, but a little recognition would be nice.

I sit in class pondering what to be, when the lunch bell rings.

We all file out and head to the cafeteria and after I get my lunch and start eating I hear Rose squeal,

"Ooh!! What a cute kitty!"

She's sitting with Juleka and looking at her phone, I guess a picture of a cat was in her Instagram feed or something.

Her cry reminds me of something.

Y/n is always calling me Kitty, and I call her Angel, so that'd be a fun idea, to go as an angel!

I wonder what she's going to be? I think to myself.

I asked her last night about it, via text since I was too tired to go see her, and she just said it was a surprise, and that my friend was making the dress.

So I'll have to wait.

Lucky for me, my father has made sure I can sew and everything, so I'll be able to make my own costume, so nobody will find out my identity.

I'll have to get started as soon as I can!

Marinette's POV

I can't believe that y/n girl is going as Cat Noir! It's like she wants people to know she's friends- or whatever they are - with him.

Maybe she does, maybe she wants publicity.

I don't know, but I assume they'll be trying to hang out together, so it may end up disastrous.

I think back to when she came to the bakery yesterday, I hadn't been home long and was working on Alya's costume, she's going as Carapace and Nino is being Rena Rouge, it's so cute!

Anyway, when Mom told me someone wanted to see me for a dress, I assumed it would be one of my friends, but nope.

Y/n, the girl who almost blew it during that akuma attack.

I didn't really want to make her dress, but hey, extra money is always nice.

It's not like it's going to be that hard anyway.