Who Could It Be?

Adrien's POV

At breakfast the day after y/n told me about her plan to talk with Master Fu, my mother notices my worried state and asks what's wrong.

Luckily Felix and Aunt Amelie aren't here, they're making another trip back to London, I think they'll be staying there soon, and just coming over to visit some.

I try to tell Mom that I'm not worrying about anything, but of course she sees through those lies.

"Don't make me guess. I'm going to come up with bad scenarios and then we'll both be worried about nothing."

"Please don't do that." I laugh.

"Then you better tell me. Is it something do with another secret I haven't figured out just yet?"

"Yes and no?"

"And that is supposed to mean...?"

"It has to do with Miraculouses, but not just me being Cat Noir."

"Is it about the Guardian?"

"How do you know so many thing that are supposed to be a secret?!"

"That book your father and I found. It said there's always a Guardian for the Miraculouses. So I assume that's how you got yours?"

"Uh, yeah. Since you know of the existence of them, I guess I can tell you."

Hopefully this doesn't make things any worse.

"OK, so the current Guardian feels like they should step down, and had considered y/n to be the new Guardian, but she turned it down when we found out a Guardian can't be in a relationship."

I have to pause so Mom can get out her sappy grin and little "Awww!".

Maybe I understand Plagg a little better now, it is kinda weird.

"But then the Guardian said they might take Plagg back, since uh, since Hawkmoth is gone." I falter around the mentioning of him, I still don't know what I should refer to him as anymore.

"And they'll take the Ladybug miraculous as well?"

"Uhh, that's already been taken..." I don't really have the desire or the time to get into all that, but of course Mom asks why.

"She was misusing Miraculouses."

Hopefully that's simple enough.

"How dreadful!" Is all she has to say.

"Yeah. So now y/n thinks she should take it, so I can keep Plagg, but then we can't be together. So unless whoever is the new Guardian decides I should, Plagg would have to go." I say, my voice taking on a sad tone.

"And does the current Guardian have anyone in training or something?"

"Not that I know of. Y/n plans to talk to them today, but she promised she wouldn't take the position yet."

"Does she want to?"

"No, but she thinks it's the only way I can keep Plagg, and she thinks that will make me happiest."

"Would it?"

"Not really. I love Plagg, and I love being Cat Noir! But I really can't imagine living the rest of my life without her."

"How about I do it?"

"Do what?"

"Be the Guardian! I may be legally married, but I don't exactly have a relationship with him."

Would Master Fu trust her?

Or would there be too much bias, in more ways that one.

Obviously in the way that she's married to Hawkmoth, and could be said that she'd do the same as him, but also that she's my mother, and could cause complications with me being Cat Noir.

But if that could somehow be gotten past, this would be the best solution!

"That would be awesome of you, but I don't know if the Guardian would agree to it."

"Why, because I married someone who became a villain?"

"Yeah..." I don't want to upset her, but I should be honest about the whole thing, I guess.

"Well if the son of the villain could be a superhero, why couldn't I be a Guardian?"

"Because nobody knew who he was when I was chosen."

"But you didn't have to stop once it was revealed. So we shouldn't be judged by the actions of Gabriel."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll ask the Guardian about it after school!"

"Good plan! I assume that means you don't need to be picked up?"

"Yeah, I can just walk."

"OK then. I'll see you later?" She says as I start gathering my plate and silverware.

"Yep!" I quickly give her a hug and run to get my things for school.

I really hope she'll be allowed the position, but I also don't want her to have to sacrifice anything big.

Of course she will have to give up some time, and probably a good bit of food, but as long as that's all.

I do get driven to school, and on the way I contemplate texting y/n to go over Mom's plans with her, but I doubt she's awake yet.

So I decide to try at lunch, since I've arrived anyway.

"Thanks for the lift!" I call as I get out of the car.

Of course the only response I get is a grunt, but he does at least raise his hand as a way of saying goodbye.

I greet Nino and Alya, who are standing together in the locker room, but when Marinette runs in we just ignore each other.

Of course I haven't really told Nino anything, other than we had a fight, since he doesn't know Marinette's identity, and I don't know what she told Alya, but they don't really acknowledge our silence toward each other.

Alya must think it's pretty odd, since Marinette was apparently always scheming some way to ask me out and now won't to speak to me, but she's never pressed me for details.

I don't know what Marinette told her, but she hasn't been any less friendly than usual with me, so Marinette must not have figured out a way to make me sound like the bad guy.

Luckily the classes go by fairly quickly and I quickly get sat down for lunch.

As I eat I try and talk a little, but I'm mostly texting with y/n.

We decide that I'll meet her outside Master Fu's as soon as school as over, since I don't have fencing.

I really hope we can convince him to allow this.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
AHH I'M EARLY FOR ONCE! So this is leading up to the end, I do believe 😬 just wanna warn y'all, so when it's finished it's not super abrupt. And this time I'm serious!! I know I've said it a few times before, but I'm completely out of ideas here lol