Project

Adrien's POV (Is that all I do now?)

On the way home from y/n's I realize I haven't checked the mail in a while, so I stop behind the post office and detransform, then go in.

I find the box and take out my keys, with Plagg saying there better be cheese in the box.

Lucky for him, his subscription to Cheese Lovers Monthly had arrived, with a new sample.

(Is that a thing?😂)

He quickly eats it, praising the "mail cheese" as he calls it.

I get out the rest, and close the box, then flip through the envelopes.

Mostly bills and junk mail, or people canceling their fashion orders.

But then a different one catches my eye.

It's from the prison.

My father had written me.

Plagg notices my sudden change in mood, and looks up from his cheese magazine.

"Kid? Are you ok?"

I can't seem to find my voice to be able to answer, so I just shake my head a little.

He flies over and glances at the letter in my hand, before quickly looking at me.

"Oh, Adrien. Are you gonna open it?" He asks gently.

I shake my head again.

I don't want to talk to that monster, or hear anything he has to say.

Not alone in the post office, anyway.

I'm gonna need more moral support than Plagg, because he's probably not wanting to do much comforting.

Maybe I just won't read it at all.

I do need to go to sleep, anyway.

"Claws out." I whisper, and mindlessly make my way home, and go into my bedroom through the window.

I drop the mail on my desk, and go take a shower.

I'll figure out what to do about it all tomorrow.

Climbing into bed, I glance at the stack, before turning over and closing my eyes.

When I wake up, I don't even think about it, until I look over to the desk to find my homework.

Trying to ignore the letter, I grab everything I need and put it in my bag, then throw in a wheel of cheese for Plagg, who immediately dives in after it.

"Don't eat it all now, you'll want more later." I warn him, but he just waves me off and closes the bag.

I laugh and go downstairs to eat, before heading to the car.

When I get to school, I head to class, but of course not before my daily flirted with by Chloe.

Really wish she'd stop that.

I go in and take my seat beside Nino, where we talk a little before class.

Just before the bell rings, Marinette runs in with Alya in tow.

"So why are both you dudes so late?" Nino asks.

"No reason!!" Marinette quickly answers.

"Wonder what that's about?" Nino mutters to me, and I shrug.

It's none of my business, really.

The only thing I care about is that they get here on time and don't get into trouble.

Maybe Marinette needs a new alarm clock.

"Ok class, settle down. Today we're reading the original version of Beauty And The Beast. While most of you have probably seen the movie adaptations, you may not have read it. So you will be paired into groups of two to write a short essay about the book." Miss Bustier says, calling us to attention.

She passes out a copy for each of us, then asks if we have any pairing preferences.

People shout names all at once, so she holds up a hand.

"How about we do something completely random? I'll write all your names onto slips of paper, then put them in a box. Ok?"

The class agrees, so she starts doing that, while most of us start going over the book.

I've always enjoyed the story, because of how courageous Belle was to take her father's place.

I get a little bit in, when Miss Bustier announces she's done.

She starts reading out names, and luckily enough, most people get who they want.

"Nino and Alya, Chloe and Sabrina, Alix and Nathaniel, Adrien and Marinette, Lila and Kim," Miss Bustier continues, but I don't really pay attention, since I've already been paired.

I turn around to Marinette and smile, hopefully we'll go to her place so we could maybe get some bakery treats.

She smiles back, so I turn back around and skim some more of the book while waiting for all the pairings to be listed.

After she's finished, Miss Bustier tells us we should have the assignment done by Friday, and it needs to be at least two pages.

By lunchtime, I've already read a few chapters in, just while waiting.

I sit next to Marinette again, so we can discuss how our paper should be.

"What should we focus on?" I ask.

She glances at Alya, who seems to nod, before saying, "Um, m-maybe the l-love story?"

"Ok, but isn't that what everyone will be doing?"

"I guess, b-but, what else there is? Is there!"

"How brave Belle, or in this case just Beauty, was to take her father's place has always been what drew me to the story."

"W-well, we could always both put. Put both!"

"Yeah, I guess. Do you want to meet up this afternoon to get started?"

"Um, uh, s-sure! Where at?"

"Your house or mine is fine with me."

"C-can we do yours?"

"Sure."

Though I really did want some of her parent's snacks.

When the day is over, I find Marinette and ask her if she wants to ride home with me to get started.

She agrees, so she follows me into the car.

"Just a warning, my cousin is here, and he can be a bit, how should I put it, bothersome?"

"I-I'll be ok."

"He may try to uh, flirt with you, he does that a lot."

"O-okay."

We go in, and Felix is sitting at the dining room table, eating.

"Hey, Adrien."

"Hello, Felix. My friend and I are going to be upstairs working on a school project, so please don't bother us." I tell him, and he looks up, and to Marinette.

I hear her quietly gasp, as she takes in how similar we look.

"Well hello, what's your name?" Felix says, making me roll my eyes.

"M-Marinette."

I give Felix a pointed look, to get him to leave her alone, and tell Marinette to follow me upstairs.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
Me a few chapters ago: this'll probably end soon.
Me now: OH! I have to put this and this and this! More drama!!
Why do I crave tea?