Confrontation

Adrien's POV

When I see Marinette the next day, my face quickly turns sour.

"Dude, what's up?" Nino notices.

"Oh, nothing. I was just remembering I have to fence after school and I don't feel like it today."

"Couldn't you just not go?"

"Maybe."

I've been contemplating whether or not to say anything to her, but would it even do any good?

It would take too long between classes, and I'm not missing lunch on her account, anyway.

Maybe after school?

But I really do have fencing, although I don't actually mind going.

I just wish I knew what to say.

"Hey, turns out you're just really mean with no reason, apologize now."?

I can't do that!

So the whole day, I think about what I could say to her.

And when classes are over, I quickly decide that I'll say something before fencing.

"Do you need to leave now?" I approach her and ask.

"Uhh, no! Why?!"

"We need to discuss some things." I say, and motion for her to come with me.

After a second she follows, and we go to the locker rooms, but they're full.

Eventually we find an empty classroom and duck into it.

"O-ok, what uh, what did you want to talk about??" She stutters.

"Kwamis don't have periods." I get right to the point, shutting the door so nobody can hear that we're talking as miraculous holders.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, Plagg told me. So there was no excuse for you to say the things you did to me, and especially not what you said to y/n."

A look of shock passes over her face and she stays silent for a moment.

"Uhh. I, um. I- what?"

"Marinette. I am not your little sidekick. We are supposed to be partners. So why did you think it was OK to say that stuff?! To say that I wasn't fit to have a miraculous?"

"I was just mad!"

"Why?! I've never said anything like that to you!"

"I know! You are good at being Cat Noir, I shouldn't have said that."

"No. You shouldn't have. But if you didn't mean it why did you say it?"

"I was upset at the time."

"At me?"

"Kinda."

"But why?! I would've thought you'd be extra happy with me because I'd stopped bothering you!"

"Yeah, well. That was in a way the problem too."

"Why?! You always got mad. You didn't like when I did and you didn't like when I didn't, so do you just not like when I do anything?!"

"No! I was just confused!"

"Confusion doesn't make someone act like a jerk."

"I'm not a jerk!"

"Then why would you tell me, someone who has risked my life for you on many occasions, that I don't deserve a miraculous?! Therefore, I don't deserve to be your partner? Have I not died for you enough times?"