Discovery

Marinette's POV

After giving y/n her notebook, I'd followed her and Adrien outside.

She got in his car and left with him.

I guess he could've been giving her a ride home, but they went in the direction of his house.

Saying goodbye to Alya, I go home and to my room, then look over the paper I'd copied from her notebook.

I only looked inside to see who it belonged to, and found something interesting.

Clues to Cat Noir's secret identity. And they all pointed straight to Adrien.

But that can't be!

Surely I would've figured it out!

All the time spent looking at his beautiful face, I would recognize if he'd put a mask on!

There's no way my flirty, joking partner could also be sweet, calm Adrien!?

But thinking about it, some things do begin to click.

Why Adrien is late alot, and how Cat never wants to check on Adrien if a battle happened at his house.

Not to mention how Adrien and y/n have been acting together.

When she first came and Adrien shook her hand, they held on just longer than normal.

Then, they kept their hands on the bench, and though I couldn't see, they might've been holding hands.

And they're always together, though that could be chalked up to Adrien being her guide.

Still, they act very friendly with each other.

And it would make sense that Adrien didn't tell me who his girlfriend is, if she's y/n.

But I'm not supposed to know all this, though neither is y/n. I wonder if I should tell Master Fu?

==========================
Your third day of public school starts off pretty easy.

There's no Lila when you first go in, nor in the locker rooms.

With a few kids around, there's some whispering when you walk to your locker, but soon enough they leave, taking their gossip with them.

You say hello to Marinette when she comes in, followed soon after by Adrien.

"Hi y/n." He says, sounding formal.

"Hey, Adrien." You say, following his lead.

Marinette leaves after gathering some books, and since she was the last one in the aisle, you turn to Adrien and make a face.

"It's weird being so... distant. I wanna be normal with you!" You declare.

"I know, I do too! I wish it didn't have to be this way." He agrees.

"Yeah, same here. But it has to, for our protection, right?"

"Right." Adrien says.

You lean up and give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

You wish it could be more, but you think you hear a soft gasp.

"Uh oh..." You whisper, looking around.

Unable to see anybody, you ask Adrien if he heard too.

"I think so?" He says, walking to the other row of lockers and checking between them. 

The bell rings before you can finish, so you both go to class.

Seeing that Lila isn't in her seat worries you, but then again neither are some others, so maybe it's nothing.