Meeting The Mayor

*Before we get started I ask for those of you who watched Battle Of The Miraculous to not spoil anything, I'm waiting for Felix and Cat Blanc before watching, please and thank you!*

Cat Noir's POV

It's a joint patrol night, so Ladybug and I are swinging through the streets, looking for an akuma or anything else.

I'm just trying to hurry so I can get to y/n's to make sure she's alright, from the Louve incident earlier.

As we are passing the Bourgeois hotel we hear a voice I know all too well calling to us.

"Ladybug!! Cat Noir! Come here please!"

Chloe. The Mayor's daughter and supposedly Ladybug's #1 fan.

Even though I think that title belongs to me.

Or Alya even.

I glance over at Ladybug to see her roll her eyes.

I stifle a laugh and raise my eyebrow, a silent questioning of whether to go or not. Even though I don't want to.

She nods so we change our direction and go and land on the balcony.

"Ladybug! And Cat Noir. I'm so glad you came!"

"You were literally calling us." I hear Ladybug mutter and I snort trying to stifle a laugh.

"Uhm, are you ok?" Chloe snaps

"I'm fine." I reply.

"Whatever. Anyway, my daddy needs to ask you something!"

Chloe drags us into her room and we see the Mayor sitting on the couch.

Once he sees us he stands and begins towards us until we meet in the middle of the room.

"Ah, Ladybug and Cat Noir! I'm so glad Chloe was able to catch you! We have a favor to ask of you! But first, I want to personally thank you two, especially you, Cat Noir, for keeping the Mona Lisa safe earlier today!"

He sounds so peppy, it's kind of annoying.

"It was nothing. And what would that favor be?" I ask him.

"Well, as you know, Halloween is coming up soon, and Chloe had the idea of having an annual Halloween Dance! And we were wondering if you two would be the special guests!"

He smiles widely at us, while Chloe has a hopeful expression.

Ladybug has a look of disbelief, I know how she feels about these things.

"Um, we'll have to talk about it, one moment." I say before Ladybug can blow up at them.

I put my hand on her shoulder and gently pull her aside.

"Of course we're not being their special guests! We are here to protect Paris, not party!" she furiously whispers to me.

"I know, I know. But think about it, parties usually cause some kind of akuma, so maybe we should? And Chloe would probably get akumatized if we didn't agree."

She contemplates this, then sighs.

"I guess you're right. But are you sure you want to? I think you just want an excuse to ask me to dance." she deadpans while crossing her arms.

That thought had occurred to me, but I really do mean the thing about akumas.

"No, I just think it'd be easier to be in there already, instead of having tons of damage done before we get there, if there is an akuma."