Choice

"Master Fu!!!" You call out as you enter his place.

"What? Is something wrong?" Master asks as he comes into the main room.

"Will Adrien and I have to break up?!" You ask urgently.

"Are you asking me for relationship advice?"

"No! You see, I told Adrien that I told you that you could use the flower to keep yourself young, and he asked if you were going to. I said I didn't know, and he told me you may be ready to meet with someone, and it worried me that you weren't able to be with her because you were the Guardian! Also, sorry for talking about your personal life like that, but I got kinda scared about it."

"Ah. Well it is alright, and I shall explain our situation. Marianne and I weren't able to be together because we had to split apart during World War II for the safety of the Miraculous, and then not too long ago she was akumatized, and had to go into hiding to protect herself."

"So now that Hawkmoth is gone and there's no Word War happening, me and Adrien can stay together?"

"Possibly. But I don't know if it would be safe."

"Adrien already told me he'd help me in any way he could."

"I will ask the kwamis what previous Guardians did. Until we come to a definite decision, you may have a choice you need to start thinking about."

"Oh. I don't know how I can." You say dejectedly.

"You might have to. Do you still want to train?"

"Yes." You decide.

You hope that you won't have to make the decision, and either way,  you expect knowing it all couldn't hurt.

So you get started on the lesson for the day, which is deciphering an ancient book.

"Adrien brought me this back once we remembered we could access it with Hawkmoth out of the way. I do have it all on this tablet, from when we secretly 'borrowed' it, though it has belonged with the Miracle Box for centuries."

"So Mr. Agreste stole it?"

"In a way."

He then tells you the story of how he created a sentimonster, which resulted in disaster.

"That's how most Miraculouses were lost, as well as many Guardians." He says regretfully.

"Wow. That's crazy how one little thing can change so much."

"Indeed. A single grain of rice can tip the scale."

"Was that from Mulan?"

"I do not remember where I first heard it."

You continue the lesson, and get to talk with a few new kwamis.

You tell them that you may become the Guardian and they ask you some questions, to which you hope you answer to their liking, so they wouldn't mind your being the Guardian.

Even though you're still unsure of whether you'll accept the job or not.

Of course you would love to take care of the kwamis, but the thought of being forced to break up with Adrien weighs heavy on your heart.

Especially when you realize that it  could be necessary to stay apart until you've become Master Fu's age.

So the lesson for the day is wrapped up with you having a lot on your mind, and worrying about what you may have to tell Adrien.

Although you still can't help but cling to the hope that Master Fu and the kwamis could decide that it would be safe enough for nothing to change.

But when you hear the familiar knock at your balcony that night, you still can't help chewing your lip anxiously as you go to open the door.

"Hi Angel!" Adrien says cheerfully as you let him and Plagg in.

Plagg first has to finish the cheese he was eating when you opened the door, but he says hello as well.

"Hey, guys." You say, with considerably less cheerfulness.

"Is something wrong?" Adrien asks, quickly picking up on your mood.

"Kinda?" You respond.

Plagg gets himself settled on the pillow you keep out for him, clearly not interested in the inevitable "gooeyness" to come.

"What is it?" Adrien asks carefully, putting a hand on your shoulder.

You figure that he knows it has to do with whether or not becoming Guardian means splitting up.

"So Master Fu says he's gonna talk to the kwamis about what previous Guardians did, and I guess talk to them about the situations they were in before he decides."

"What do mean the situations they were in?"

"Well with Master Fu and Marianne, there was a lot going on. An entire World War, to be exact."

"Yikes. Thankfully though, that's not what we're dealing with."

"Right, so maybe it'll be OK?"

"I hope so." He says, engulfing you in a hug, which you gladly return.

"I told him that you said you'd help me if you could."

"Good. I will. And I don't just mean with Guardian duties, you can always ask me for help if you need it."

"I know. And you can ask me for help too!"

"Thanks, Angel. You're the best."

"Nah, that's you."

"As if!"

"Are you calling me a liar?" He says, pretending to be offended.

"Well hey, we've already established you're a thief." You say offhandedly.

"I thought we decided that was an accident!"

"Didn't Plagg decide for us? Pretty much just by telling us to shut up?"

"Kinda. But it's still true!"

"I don't know, I think I'm gonna have to hide all my hoodies from now on."

"You're so dramatic, gee. Take one hoodie and bam! You're a thief for life."

"Didn't I tell you the hoodie wasn't the only thing?"

"It's not my fault you can't resist my charms." He says with a smirk, then winks.

"You are so rude to me."

"What did I do?!"

"All that winking business. You do that and expect me to just not melt. What's up with that?"

"It's not like you don't do the same thing!"

"I don't wink nearly as much as you do!"

"Sometimes I just do it and don't even realize. No joke."

"I'm not surprised! You do it more than anybody I've ever met!"

"I don't know why. It just happens."

"Well it's pretty cute, so I suppose I won't complain."

He winks again, making you laugh.

"You're such a dork."

"At least I'm your dork."

"Mmhhmm."

He laughs before stealing a quick kiss.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
Such decisions that are possibly ahead👀