Taking It?

Since your conversation with Plagg, you'd been trying to think of something you could do to make sure Adrien could keep him, and the only thing you'd come up with was for you to be the Guardian.

Of course it wasn't what you wanted, but you didn't know what else to do.

So because you were worried about that whole situation, you had been acting a little off and you know Adrien noticed.

He hadn't really mentioned anything, so it must not be super obvious.

Though he definitely gave you lots of questioning looks when he thought you weren't looking.

And kept asking if you're OK, but that isn't very unusual.

You hadn't planned on telling him yet, in hopes that some other solution would present itself.

But the fact that you could never resist his persuasive measures had slipped from your mind.

So when he was at your house a few days after you'd come up with the idea, he apparently thought it was time for an explanation.

What brought it on was you barely returning the kiss hello when he arrived, since you had been trying to put some distance between him, so maybe it wouldn't hurt as bad to put things on hold.

Although, there were moments when you wanted an extra long hug, since it may be a while before you could receive one.

"Is something wrong? If you don't want to kiss we don't have to." He says, noticing that you hadn't been very responsive.

"It's fine, I do want to."

"Angel, I didn't know if I was just imagining it or what, because you didn't say anything, but you haven't really been acting like yourself lately. Is everything ok?" He asks, taking your hand.

"I don't know what you mean." You say nervously, not completely ready to mention any of your plans.

"Well, it's like one minute you barely hug me, and then the next you hold on like there's no tomorrow. And you haven't been laughing at my puns, or making as many as usual. You didn't even smile when I told you how many times I saw Marinette rolling her eyes at me."

"I miss Shadow!" You quickly come up with an excuse.

The cat had finally went home a couple days ago, much to Adrien's delight.

"I know you liked him more than I did, but are you sure it's not something else?"

You glance at Plagg on his pillow, who is actually watching what could lead to sappiness with a confused look.

"I'm thinking about taking it." You whisper, unable to hide it any longer.

"Taking what?" He asks.

You'd almost hoped he wouldn't hear without the cat senses, but no luck.

"The position. As Guardian."

"But I thought you didn't want to?"  He says, slightly shaking his head.

Plagg jumps up and flies to where only you can see him and shakes his head too, but much more noticeably.

"I don't. But I do want you to be able to keep Plagg."

"I want that too, but I also want to be with you."

"I also want that, but you need him."

"I need you too, y/n."

"Being Cat Noir makes you happy."

"Being your boyfriend also makes me happy. And what about you? What makes you happy?"

"You being my boyfriend. But I guess I could be happy as a Guardian too, with the kwamis. And we could still see each other, couldn't we?"

"You'd be the Guardian Angel and I would have to come talk about kwami business?" He says, and you can't help smiling.

"Yeah! And it's not like I couldn't have friends, right? We could still be friends."

"I honestly don't know. I've never heard Master Fu mention friends. But do you really think that would work? That we could just be friends?"

"Uhh, friendly kisses, ya know?"

"Yeah, right. As if anyone would believe that."

"I know... But I want you to be happy, and it'll make us all sad if Plagg has to go to the box."

"And us breaking up won't?"

"It will, but-"

"No buts! Just hush, if you kids weren't together you'd probably end up like me if I didn't have cheese! And trust me that's not good." Plagg interrupts.

"I know! It's a lose-lose situation." You mutter.

"Yeah. It is. But I don't want to lose you. Not again."

"I don't want to lose you, either. But neither of us want to lose Plagg!"

"No, which is why we need someone else to be Guardian. I've been trying to think of people who might be good, but I don't know who we could for sure trust."

"I've been doing that too, and I can just think of me or you!"

"Well I can't, mostly because I don't want us to break up, but I also can't with Felix around."

"So me."

"Do you want to? It sounds like you do. If so, that's OK! But if you don't want to, then don't do it!"

"I really don't." You don't know when exactly it happened, but you take advantage of the fact that your arms are around other to hug him tightly, trying to express your feelings without speaking.

"Putting this on hold is the last thing I want to do! I love you!"

"That's how I feel too."

"It's because I love you, that's why I planned on doing this."

"If you're trying to make me happy, this really isn't the way."

"But Plagg, he's gonna be sad too."

"And I'll be sad for him to go, but I'll also be sad if you go."

"Plagg will be fine! Just make sure whoever is the Guardian plans to give me plenty of cheese." Plagg says sternly, but you can still see the sadness in his expression.

"Maybe Master Fu would rethink even taking you? I'll talk to him tomorrow!" You decide.

"Please, please don't take the position if he offers it. Unless you want to, I mean."

"I know, and I don't! I probably won't."

"Probably?"

"Fine. I will not take it tomorrow."

"Purromise?"

"Purromise."

"Alright. Keep us updated, OK?"

"I will."

This time when he leans in to kiss you, you happily reciprocate, feeling a little better already.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
UGH I'M SO SORRY!!!!! I had major writers block with this, and stuff kept coming up and I've taken way too long! Also, I may have gotten my days mixed up 😭