Will It Work?

You meet with Adrien outside Master Fu's house around 3:30 PM, nerves pooling in your stomach.

Adrien didn't say what the solution was, just that he may have one.

"Hi, Kitty!" You greet as he appears from the shadows.

"Hey, Angel!" He responds, quickly returning your hug.

"So what's the answer to our problem?!" You ask.

"I don't want to have to explain it twice, so let's go in, OK?"

"Sounds good."

So you knock of the doors, and are allowed entry.

"Hello, children. What brings you here this time?" Master Fu asks, gesturing for everyone to sit on the mat and doing so himself.

"I may have the fix to the whole Guardian thing." Adrien says.

"And what would that be?"

"My mom!"

"Pardon?"

"Oh right. I don't think I told you this. My mom found out about, well, everything and she offered to be the Guardian! She already knew it was a thing, by the way. I didn't tell her that. Technically I didn't just tell her any of it, she figured it out all on her own."

"She knows your secret identity?"

"Yes."

"And mine?"

"No. Just that there is a current Guardian who is looking for a replacement."

"I just don't know if it would be safe..."

"Why? Because of my father?"

"Yes, mostly."

"Just because he was bad doesn't mean my Mom is."

"If I may interrupt, I met her and she was really nice!" You mention.

"So how long has she known?"

"Uhh, a few days or so?" Adrien says sheepishly.

"And I'm just now hearing of it why?"

"Because I said not to tell you yet!" Plagg remarks, flying out of Adrien's bag.

"Why would you do such a thing?"

"Because I go where the cheese goes, and you don't have nearly enough!"

"Plagg, this is all a little more important than cheese!"

"There is nothing more important than cheese!!"

"This is why kwamis aren't allowed to decide whether they stay or go. You just care about the food!"

"No I don't! Of course I do care about all the cheese, but Adrien is the best holder I've had in a long time! It's so boring in the box, even his dumb girl drama is more interesting!"

"Dumb girl drama?" You mutter to yourself, even though Plagg's declaration warms your heart.

From the expression on Adrien's face you can tell he never knew how much Plagg cared.

So he reaches over and grabs the kwami, pulling him into a hug.

"Ugh, just because I care doesn't mean I want hugs!" Plagg protests, but doesn't phase away.

"While this is very touching, and I'm glad you two have become close, I still don't know whether I can trust your mother or not."

"Then train her, like you were with me. You can decide then."

"I suppose that would work... When is she available?" Master Fu asks, looking to Adrien.

"I'm not sure. I'll ask her as soon as I get home, we can discuss it and I'll bring her over tomorrow?"

"Very well. I hope this works out."

"Us too." Adrien says, squeezing your hand, which had been intertwined with his this whole time.

"Well you go ahead and talk to her about this. You both may come by whenever tomorrow, I'm not busy."

"OK. We will see you then! And thank you for consideration this."

"Of course. Your mother and I will have plenty to talk about, so it would be wise to inform her of that."

"I will. See you tomorrow!" Adrien says, standing up and reaching out to help you.

"I can do it myself." You laugh.

"Yeah, but this way I'll have an excuse to just not let go."

You playfully roll your eyes, but take his hand anyway.

"By Master Fu!" You call on your way out.

"Goodbye!"

"I really hope this works." You remark.

"Me too. It seems purrfect!"

"Yeah! And you wouldn't have to be careful about how much cheese you buy!" Plagg pipes up, poking his head out of the bag he'd returned to.

"And I might could see Kaalki sometimes!"

"And any other kwamis you made friends with!"

"This is just getting better and better!"

"Maybe we'll get a happy ending after all." Adrien says, smiling softly at you.

"As long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

"Same here." He replies, planting a quick kiss on your lips.

"The cheese is worth it, the cheese is worth it!" Plagg grumbles to himself, turning away and nestling deeper into the bag, making you both laugh.

"So do you have to go straight home?" Adrien asks.

"Nah. I just told Mom I'd be home by 5.

"Great! Do you want to go get some ice cream?"

"I would love to!" You say, just the thought of it making you excited.

"Yay! Plagg, claws out!" He says, after which making sure nobody is around the alleyway.

"I better get some cheese-" Plagg hollers as he's sucked into the ring.

"You will!" You laugh, before looking at your hand, still connected to Adrien's.

"It's so cool how there just suddenly a glove. It feels like a tiny fan just blows between our hands, and then bam! Leather!" You say in awe.

"I never thought about it like that. Is it super weird?"

"Nah, just different."

"Not a bad different though, right?"

"Nope!"

"Good. OK, to André!" He says, pointing to wherever the ice cream man must be located.

You walk together until you find him, singing his song and handing out ice cream.

"Ah! Welcome back!" André says, already gathering his usual for you.

"What's the extra scoop for?" Cat asks, pointing at what seems to be your favorite flavor.

"A promise that things will get back on track!" André says, and makes no further comment, just moves on to the next customers.

"It's like he knows everything." You whisper, staring at the ice cream.

"I think he does. Maybe he's a genie, like the one I met!"

"Whoa... I think you just blew my mind!"

"Let's just hope this ice cream doesn't freeze it." He says, taking a bite.

"Worth it!" You mumble through your own bite.

💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚
THIS IS LITERALLY SO LATE OMG! I was really out here tthinking it was Tuesday 😭but my creative juices were really flowing the wrong directed today. They were telling me to write something else and I couldn't help but listen 😬