A Friend

After s/n finishes telling you about the movie, they see the television and comment on you watching Tangled stuff without them.

You laugh, but before you can answer, hear your mother gasp.

You go to the kitchen to see what's wrong, and find her looking in the refrigerator.

"What happened to the cheese?! There's shreds everywhere!" She exclaims.

You of course know it was Plagg, but can't exactly say that without revealing he and Adrien had come over.

"I meant to clean that up! Sorry, I'd spilled it." You quickly make up an excuse.

You notice your father looking at you suspiciously, and hope he doesn't figure anything out.

So you try to clean up the cheese and go back to your room before anybody can mention it, but no such luck.

"Hey, doesn't that little kitty that Cat Noir has like cheese? It looks like he was in here!" S/n says, making you cringe.

"It does, doesn't it? And didn't he also like Tangled?" Your father mentions.

"What does that mean? You know I love Tangled, so why is it weird I watched that, or that I spilled cheese? It was an accident!"

"Ok then." He says, and goes toward your room, probably expecting to find Adrien chilling on your bed.

Luckily you'd taken precautions against that.

You follow, and find him looking around.

"What are you doing?" You ask.

"Just checking." He says and leaves toward the other end of the house.

You roll your eyes and enter your room.

Shutting the door, you go to the balcony to see if Cat had stuck around or went on home.

You look around the furniture, but there's no sign of him.

Glancing around at the surrounding buildings, you still see nothing to indicate his presence.

So you just assume he'd thought you wouldn't be back, and left.

You do look down off the balcony though, just to make sure he actually did land on his feet and everything.

Seeing no Cat pancake, you turn back around in relief, and are startled to find him right behind you.

"Hi!" He says cheerfully.

"Hey. I thought you'd went home." You respond, less cheerful.

"Nah. It's much better here!"

"Well I'm glad you think so." You giggle.

"Oh yeah. And the company is wonderful!" He says, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"I think so too." You reply, putting your arm around him.

"So why did I have to leave so quickly?"

"Because one of the last things my dad said before they left was 'No boys! Don't invite Adrien over!'" You imitate.

He laughs, and says, "Well if you'd told me that I wouldn't have stayed so long."

"That's why I didn't tell you. Besides, I didn't invite you, Plagg invited himself!"

"True. I don't know whether to give him extra cheese, for getting us back together, or less cheese, for running away. Probably the former."

"Definitely, he deserves it. Though he did wreck my fridge."

"Oh no! I'm sorry. What did he do?"