Contemplating

Cat's POV

"Oh wait!" y/n says as I set the pencils down, making a paper fall in the process.

I bend over to pick it up, as I do,  I flip it over to see if it's just trash she's thrown in here.

It's not.

In the picture I see something I definitely wasn't expecting.

It was me.

I know she draws me, I have one of the pictures she did.

It has to say hidden of course, but I keep it in my desk.

But I didn't think she drew me like this. With the background, and the lighting, I look pretty good.

Not how I'd expect one of my best friends to draw me.

I know my face is rivaling the sunset in the picture as I say "Uhm. This is a nice one."

"Oh, uh, thanks." she says and walks over and takes the paper from me, putting it back in her closet.

"I, uh, um..." she stammers, probably trying to figure out how to explain why she drew it.

"I drew it without even paying attention, subconscious mind, it goes crazy sometimes."

I know how she feels.

"Oh, um, yeah, mine does that too."

It brings up some of the craziest ideas. Especially about y/n, for some reason.

We're both just standing there awkwardly when her clock beeps, I look over and see it's 11:30.

I have school tomorrow, and a lot of other stuff, so I have to go to sleep.

It's also an excuse to leave this awkward conversation.

Not that I don't want to stay with y/n, I love talking with her, but sometimes it gets awkward, and this is definitely one of those times.

"Well uh, I guess I should head home. I'll have to get up early tomorrow. Uhm, bye."

I mentally slap myself for sounding so stupid, but walk to her balcony doors before I can say anything else.

I glance back at her, and she smiles awkwardly at me, so I try to smile back, but it's just as awkward as hers.

I jump away, onto the nearest rooftop and quickly get home and detransform.

Plagg comes out of my ring, laughing as he starts his search for cheese.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Oh, just you and your friend and how awkward you two get." he says 'friend' weirdly.

"Why'd you say 'friend' so strange?"

"Because you like her." he states simply.

"Plagg! I do not! She's just a friend!"

"Mmhmm. If you say so."

"I do. I do say so."

Plagg just laughs as he scarfs down more cheese.

I roll my eyes and get ready for bed.

As I climb in I think back to how weird y/n and I's conversations can get. I wonder why they can get so awkward so quickly.

I can't think much more, as I'm tired and fall asleep quickly.

🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤💚🖤
Hey y'all! I think I'm just doing it now to be mean 😈😜