Chapter 2: I'm supposed to turn 13 today

~3 YEAR TIME SKIP~

Kiyo and Y/N at this point are practically joined by the hip. Both in middle school, still having problem with bullies. However this only gives y/n chances to sharpen her hand to hand combat skills. Winning every time too.

Y/n learns Kiyo's medical history and how frail the poor girl is, it's surprising they let her go to school. Kiyo learns that y/n lives alone due to the girl's parents disappearing without a trace leaving y/n with no memory of them.

Y/N takes on odd jobs around the neighbourhood like dog walking and gardening to earn some cash. She pays for everything except the house and bills of that nature. She likes to think it's her parents paying but it's highly unlikely.

Y/n slowly opens her eyes while the sunlight kisses her morning skin giving her an almost goddess radiance. She checks her phone to see that today's her birthday and that she needs to get ready for another day of hell- I mean school.

As she's brushing her teeth she gets a call from the only person in her contacts.

"Hello"you answer after spitting the toothpaste out your mouth.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!"

" Haha Thank yo-"

She then gets cut off by Kiyo coughing up a storm on the other side of the line

" Hey are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?!" You panicked trying to hurry up your morning routine.

"Haha no I'm fine, but I do have to stay home today since I caught another cold.. I'm sorry I couldn't celebrate your birthday with you"

"You don't have to apologize just try and get better, ok?"

"Yea I will HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN BYE BYE!"

"Hehe Bye bye" you chuckle to yourself

The thing was that Kiyo wasn't sick at all, she just needed a cover. She was actually planning on surprising her best friend when she got out of school by decorating her house and having a movie night.

----

Y/n was already on her fifth opponent of the day. As soon as she got into the school and not having any other witnesses (Kiyo) to disrupt the fight, she was immediately jumped. Though it didn't last long, landing blow after blow on the boys and girls that wanted to challenge her.

'This school really needs to pay more attention to their students' you angrily thought

Y/N made it through the day claiming victory after victory against her harassers. Walking to her neighbour's house she came across a small monster with sickly blue skin and multiple eyes. It seemed like these things kept popping up around her more than ever now. She learned to ignore them seeing that she's the only one that can see them.

The sun was setting when she was done mowing the lawn for her neighbour. That helped her gain enough money to buy a present for Kiyo when her birthday comes up.

Y/n happily skips home.

The now thirteen year old walks up to her house seeing...

----

"Gojo, Getou I want you two to go to this address. There's been a spike of cursed energy there recently. I want you two to check it out" their teacher Yaga orders

"Just make Getou go I'm busy" Gojo remarks

SMACK

"Busy my ass" Getou then grabs Gojo by the back of his shirt and stomps out the classroom still having a good hold on Gojo