Chapter 27: Why did you choose me?

"Go inside and find out" Deidamia instructs.

You ponder the idea of going inside before making the initial decision.

You hesitantly climbed off the roof and made your way towards the dull and corroding door.

"I didn't think you would listen to my words." She says in a surprised yet dignified tone.

"Well there's no point in retaliation. You would probably manipulate my body to go in anyway." You say with your hand on the doorknob.

"... Touché"

You turn the knob that still had the same dried red bloodstains. You make your way inside to find it just how you left it that day.

"It looks untouched..." you mutter suspiciously. "Wasn't there an investigation?"

"Authorities in this town is simply lamentable from what I've deduced." Deidamia said. It was true, the leaders and people with power was really corrupt where you used to live. The school was an example of that.

You hummed in response as you walked in, closing the door behind you. Taking steps towards the living room, you could still see the ripped walls, broken decorations, and splotches of blood that cursed the house.

You walked into the kitchen to find the refrigerator and some drawers open carelessly.

'I guess she got in here...' you think. "We're you in here? Since you make it seem that you've found something I haven't."

"Yes I have. This place reeked of your cursed energy residue. So in hopes of my other eye to find you, I came here first." Deidamia says calmly.

"Itadori says he's responsible for finding Sukuna's fingers but it seems in my case, it's your responsibility to find me."

"Well believe it or not but I'm sure you've noticed that Sukuna simply lacks grace, my power is beyond his imagination." Deidamia says smugly.

"I have another question..."

"I'm listening, what else is there to do but to answer your curiosities."

You take that as a challenge. You will now ask her things you've always wondered in order to learn more about herself and her purpose.

"...Why are you only showing yourself to me now?" You ask with no malice, just a simple question.

She stays quiet for a second before you hear her sigh.

"There's only so much I can do as the one eye inside you, but when my other eye came close to you the connection between our cursed energy gave me enough power for communication. I was patient enough to wait. Your friend Megumi Fushiguro noticed this when he saw the connection between us."

"When dad squeezed you"

"Correct. I'll only get stronger with more connections, and they will inevitably come for you child."

You walked upstairs to find the same halls that you exorcised your first five curses.

"How many of you are there? Are your eyes like clones? You seem to communicate with them like they're separate beings." You ask walking down the dark hallway.

"Yes you can describe each eye as if it's my clone but my power is divided evenly between 10 of them. We each have the same techniques but the power behind them is much greater if we're together."

'She's already this powerful with only two... and one hasn't even absorbed itself yet.' You think sort of amazed.

"You healed my arm when me and Megumi went up against that special grade. Why?"