Chapter 72: Caves

Deidamia roamed Earth like a miasma cloud

Deidamia roamed Earth like a miasma cloud. Centuries had no effect on her immortal skin, gold tattoos that formed years ago taking place instead of a pimple.

She understood now what cursed energy was, how powerful she is with it. It helped her tremendously when pesky cretins crossed her path.

She remembered Aster somewhat, but the image of her was just a blob. The attachment to her slowly decayed and Deidamia didn't know if she should care or not.

But that dark void within her ever since her passing was still there. She wanted to make that feeling disappear. She just had no idea how.

"Your appearance becomes more and more grotesque every time we cross paths." Deidamia pushed her braids off her shoulder. "Maybe I should finally get rid of you, then maybe the world won't rot from your stench alone."

"Oh don't flatter me. Wouldn't want to waste so many words on me." Sukuna stood before her in his prime. His four arms crossed in his yukata. Uraume held an umbrella over him, the shade making his multiple eyes seem more sinister.

Deidamia never had a companion like that. A true lone wolf that followed the wind as corpses dropped behind her. As time went on her bloodlust seemed to thicken, but it never seemed to satisfy her darkest temptation.

"For once, your mouth produced something worth hearing." Deidamia stepped forward, a sudden spike of darkness behind her eyes.

Sukuna senses this, sweat dripping from the back of his neck.

The first time they met, he thought she was only human, but then she held him up by his neck simply because he was looking at her. She had no one to stop her antics like Aster had done before, her rage now unchecked and ready to fire at anyone, including the king of curses.

They battled for a while until a storm interrupted, when Sukuna looked back to where she stood, she was go e not to be seen till a decade later.

She had still yet to explain her disappearance, but he really didn't care.

Deidamia walked past him as if he were a pebble on the ground, not really looking forward to meeting him again down the line.

"You shouldn't go in that direction." Sukuna was bold enough to suggest.

Deidamia's eyes turn razor sharp, looking back over her shoulder. "You dare supply your opinion where it's not needed, flea?" Her tone was a lot less comedic this time, instead authoritative.

"If it was truly my opinion I would push you in that direction with all my might." His low laugh only irked Deidamia more. "Don't say I didn't warn you." His eerie smile faded as he turned around and went on his way.

Deidamia watched him go with an annoyed expression.  She could easily snap his neck but he was enough trouble than what it was worth.

She trudged along, her bare feet dragging until she came across something that sparked a memory in her mind.